Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if any of you might have an idea as to what could be the cause as im out of warranty and trying to avoid overpaying for what may be a simple fix.

I took a sharp left turn the other day from a stop while accelerating.This caused the TSC to go off after I noticed that my ABS and TSC lights are stuck on.

If I drive the car above 80~mph it seems to trigger a check engine light that can be reset by disconnecting the car battery, however, ABS/TSC light always remain.

The steering also seems to have been affected as it feels heavier and behaves oddly but there's no EPS light on.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Have the battery checked under load at Auto Zone, or any place that is free!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
IMHO, it's pretty pointless to take stab in the dark guesses about what your problem might be.

When the ABS/ESP lights are staying on you really need to have the ABS scanned to find out what trouble code has been logged. If you post the code we'll be able to give you some meaningful advice about how to deal with the issue.

You'll probably need to visit a garage to have the ABS scanned though. A cheap generic OBD scan tool isn't able to scan the ABS.

·
Registered
256 Posts
For a quick check on that ABS climb under there after your stuff it on a stand and take a look at the caliper areas for a line coming in. Not the brake line the other one which is the sensor for the ABS. They get damaged fairly often by flying debris under there hitting the wire. Certainly no guarantee you’re going to find what the problem is but it’s a good place to start and it’s quick

No matter what you do stay the **** away from the dealer, any mechanic can fix this if you don’t think you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts