Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 XG350 with abs/TCS type problems similar to what I have read so far. I also have
the mouse in the car problems. I have found mice related issues in the past both in the engine compartment
and in the interior in the dash. I suspect they have chewed some wires but I don't know which ones.
What I do know is my tachometer also stopped working long ago. I use mouse traps in the trunk and on the floor
and have caught them so I know they are evil critters looking for a warm place to nest and know they
have also used some of the seat material/stuffing as well as paper towels. So does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions as it relates to this source of the problems my car has?
Thanks in advance for any feedback

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,309 Posts
Hello Dennis.

Your failed rev counter might be due to a faulty ignition failure sensor on the engine. It's that sensor that drives the rev counter and they fail quite often....photo below.

As for your ABS fault, I assume the warning light is staying on? Does it come on after the engine is started or only after you start to move. If it initially switches off then comes back on when you start to drive that suggests there is a faulty wheel speed sensor or tone wheel. Or maybe the mice have chewed the sensor wires. Either way, you'd really need to have the ABS scanned for trouble codes to get a clue where to start looking. You'll probably need to visit a garage for that. A generic OBD scan tool wont be able to link with the ABS.

Regards.
Scottie.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. So it's hard to pin down when the abs light comes on along with the TCS light. It's intermittent
and seems to have a mind of it's own. Lately , though the TCS has been acting normal as well as the abs.
The colder temps here have something to do with it maybe. I know the ABS works because it was tested last week
when I hit some ice. Guess I'll get the Codes and go from there. Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer. So it's hard to pin down when the abs light comes on along with the TCS light. It's intermittent
and seems to have a mind of it's own. Lately , though the TCS has been acting normal as well as the abs.
The colder temps here have something to do with it maybe. I know the ABS works because it was tested last week
when I hit some ice. Guess I'll get the Codes and go from there. Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey just for the record, a faulty ignition failure sensor was the cause of the tach not working, a pxxxx code did confirm that. Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,309 Posts
Hey just for the record, a faulty ignition failure sensor was the cause of the tach not working, a pxxxx code did confirm that. Thanks
Yeah, like I said, that is quite a common fault on those engines, and the earlier 2.0/2.4 engines as well. Thanks for confirming that's what it was though.

BTW, where have you been for the last 4 years...LOL.
What brings you back? Has the car developed a new fault you need help with?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts