Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can any of you knowledgeable people out there diagnose this for me please?
Car is 2003 manual 1.6 petrol Matrix. When started, all warning lights behave as they should, within (usually) a half mile of (slow) driving and lightly applying the brakes I get judder at the pedal and engine noise (revving "slightly") The brakes are working just fine whilst this is happening by the way. Anyhow - usually (?) within a further couple of hundred yards the ABS light comes on - stays on and the juddering disappears - until you park and switch off.
Upon restart it goes through the whole rigmarole all over again. As I said before, the brakes work well the whole time.
Help please.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That's an ABS problem, the ABS should self test just as you move off, that's normal and you may hear a slight noise. The continual juddering is the ABS thinking it's doing it's job. First thing I'd check is the brake light switch / fuse. The ABS needs to know about brake pedal operation and Hyundai's have a reputation for failing brake light switches. After that it's pull on the overalls, extract any fault codes if you can and go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts