Hyundai Forums banner

ABS problems

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  AUTOSPARK 
#1 ·
Almost EVERY time I come to a stop, within the last couple of feet my ABS activates. ,no other issues with the braking.

#2 ·
I have a similar problem. Low speed (almost stopped, for instance pulling in to a parking bay) occasionally at roundabouts and junctions. It's my wife's car and she gets panicky because the brakes are less effective. By taking foot off the brake and repaying usually cures it. Problem is she is now nervous about driving it. I bet it's an arm and a leg to fix as well. Any advice for me and the OP?

#5 ·
Usually it's not. On most cars the tone wheel can be replaced fairly easily. I'm not sure if the tone wheel is available from Hyundai as a separate part though, so a dealer might want to replace the complete driveshaft which will obviously make it much more expensive. Dealers don't usually like to use aftermarket parts, so having the repair done at your local independent garage will probably be the better/cheaper option.

#7 ·
Alternatively, is it possible to disengage the ABS and just go back to good old ordinary brakes? Shes never above 30mph and on good roads. Any whiff of snow or ice and I'm on driving duty to ferry her to work. If it's legal and wont affect MOT I'd be happy to throw it in the bin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.