Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2009 i10 with some issues in the ABS/ESP system.

When i bought the car it had bee n standing for 6mths and during the testdrive i noticed that the ABS and ESP light were lit.

When i came home i read the DTC and there were 9 diffrent codes in the ABS system.
Electrical issues with the Abs sensors
mecanical issues with the ABS Sensors
and brake light switch mailfunction

I Read around in some forums and read that a common fault was the brakelight switch and bad connection in the connector to the ABS-module.

I changed the switch and cleaned the connector but still no ABS.

After that i deleted the DTC's and 1 remained. ABS-sensor front right defekt.

I changed the sensor and voila the lights disapeared. The car worked fine for 3 weeks and then the light came on again.

Again i read the DTC's and 5 codes all around the ABS system came up.
After I deleted the codes 1 remained. ABS sensor front left defekt.

I work as an mechanic, but with 2 small children at home i have very little spare time to spend on the car.

Does anyone have experience with this problem on the i10, or any shortcuts that can help me save some time searching for the problem?

Best regards

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello i have a 2009 i10 with some issues in the ABS/ESP system.

When i bought the car it had bee n standing for 6mths and during the testdrive i noticed that the ABS and ESP light were lit.

When i came home i read the DTC and there were 9 diffrent codes in the ABS system.
Electrical issues with the Abs sensors
mecanical issues with the ABS Sensors
and brake light switch mailfunction

I Read around in some forums and read that a common fault was the brakelight switch and bad connection in the connector to the ABS-module.

I changed the switch and cleaned the connector but still no ABS.

After that i deleted the DTC's and 1 remained. ABS-sensor front right defekt.

I changed the sensor and voila the lights disapeared. The car worked fine for 3 weeks and then the light came on again.

Again i read the DTC's and 5 codes all around the ABS system came up.
After I deleted the codes 1 remained. ABS sensor front left defekt.

I work as an mechanic, but with 2 small children at home i have very little spare time to spend on the car.

Does anyone have experience with this problem on the i10, or any shortcuts that can help me save some time searching for the problem?

Best regards
The code ID's are very helpful.
Have you checked the tone rings on the wheels.
Where are you located?

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code ID's are very helpful.
Have you checked the tone rings on the wheels.
Where are you located?

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.
Thank you Im located in Sweden, I will check the DTC's again when my wife gets home.

I checked the tone-rings when I bought the car. They looked ok, I checked them because when i bought it, the ABS light turned on and off, and the ABS reacted at slow speed while braking. During winter the ABS sometimes started working for a day or so.

I have some of the old codes on a Pic in the phone.
at that time it was: (sorry for the bad translation ^^)
-c1201 Speedsensor circuit front left. tone ring mechanical or magnetic problem
-c1209 Speedsensor circuit Rear Right, Disruption or shortcircuit to ground
-c1611 CAN time-out EMS
-c1204 Speedsensor circuit Front right. Tone ring mechanical or magnetic problem
-c1203 Speedsensor circuit Front right Disruption or shortcircuit to ground
-c 1205 Speedsensor front right, wrong distance to tone ring.
-c1513 Brakepedal switch

when i changed the Brakepedal switch and cleaned the connector the c1513 DTC went away.

I will update the info on the car.
For now.
Hyundai i10 2009. 1.2l, manual transmission
Bought it used with 102000KM on it. Now aprox 108000KM

Will update with current DTC later.

Thanks a bunch :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Current DTC:
C1200 Speedsensor circuit front left, Disruption or shortcircuit to ground

I checked the wheelsensor values while driving. And front left didn't react at all. Is it likely to be a coincidence that both wheel sensors malfunctions in such a short period of time?

Best regards

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Current DTC:
C1200 Speedsensor circuit front left, Disruption or shortcircuit to ground

I checked the wheelsensor values while driving. And front left didn't react at all. Is it likely to be a coincidence that both wheel sensors malfunctions in such a short period of time?

Best regards
Did you check the connector and wiring?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts