Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Entourage with about 80,000 miles. Earlier this year, this vehicle mostly sat outside for several months. When I started using this vehicle again this summer, the ABS and ESC lights stay illuminated on the dash. The code report from the dealer is C1260 and C1206. They are recommending a left rear ABS sensor for C1206 and a steering angle sensor and clock spring for C1260.

It seems like we should start with just the left rear sensor as the horn works and the air bag light isn't illuminated but I'm not sure the dealer will just replace the abs sensor and reset the codes to wait and see. I can't seem to find much on the web about C1260,

I've found the SAS and the clock spring as parts on the web and a slide sequence that shows how to change them (on a different Hyundai vechicle). I think I could do this, but I'm uncertain what is required in terms of calibration after replacement.

It all seems a bit like throwing parts at it, and in this case expensive parts, but I'm not sure of a better option. Advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update - I ended up removing the left rear wheel speed sensor and then I noticed the cut in the wire. I spliced the wire back together and replaced the sensor. After a very little way down the road, the ABS and ESC lights turned off. So I purchased the wheel speed sensor and replaced permanently. No need for the clock spring and steering angle sensor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
update - I ended up removing the left rear wheel speed sensor and then I noticed the cut in the wire. I spliced the wire back together and replaced the sensor. After a very little way down the road, the ABS and ESC lights turned off. So I purchased the wheel speed sensor and replaced permanently. No need for the clock spring and steering angle sensor.
Thanks for posting up a follow up message detailing what "fixed" the car. So many times (especially with younger people who have been raised, or should I say have a lack of proper upbringing of the me-me-me generation) people will ask for help (post) and will not do a follow-up post.

That issue aside as the Entourage and Kia Sedona's age and go out of "Warranty" no longer can people say "Take it to the dealer".
(Most if not all Entourages (2007-2009) are out of the 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty now.)

Servicing, if you can't do the work:
As it relates to Hyundai and the Entourage... Once out of warranty if you're going to have to "pay" and cannot do the work yourself IMO it would be better to have Kia do the work as Kia techs see Sedona's far more often.)

Problem I experienced dealing with Hyundai "service": (2 of the 3 delaerships screwed up everything they touched /and or were incompetent)

1: Not many Entourages were sold (Rare car)
2: It's a Mini-Van (Most techs aren't "passionate" about it, unlike say a Sports Car.)
3: Not many techs are left from 2007-2009
4: Techs are totally isolated from customer.
(I worked /managed a Independent Shop for years in which you could DIRECTLY talk to the customer. I knew them and their kids, at a dealership seldom do techs "care", or feel anything towards the customer beyond what gravy tickets they pull.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts