Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I started up my car this evening to find the ABS, EBD, and ESC lights on the dashboard are illuminated... quite a few of them. I drove it for a short while, carefully, and everything seems OK.

This is for an i20 Classic, 2012 UK model, 3 door, petrol, manual gearbox. It's done 29k miles.

I checked the brake fluid and it's towards the max indicator, so that's OK. Brake lights are also working when brake pedal is depressed.

I understand this is a bit of a finger in the air moment, but just wondering what might be the most likely point of failure, and rough price ranges for repair? I'll phone the Hyundai garage tomorrow to see when they can inspect it.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Even with knowing the DTCs recorded, it would be something of a guess, just a starting point for troubleshooting. Without them, it's a wild guess.
Anything that keeps the ABS from working, automatically shuts down the EBD and ESC, since those work through the ABS. You could have a bad wheel speed sensor, a wiring fault, a fault with the hydraulics module, or a fault with the electronics. Of all that, I think that wheel speed sensors are more common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything that keeps the ABS from working, automatically shuts down the EBD and ESC, since those work through the ABS.
Ah, I didn't realise that. Other posts I've read don't mention all three lights, which is why I was a little confused.

Of all that, I think that wheel speed sensors are more common.
Yes, that's what I'm hoping it is as well as I guess it would be the cheapest to repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts