Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this, my abs light has started to come on, after taking it to the garage i have been told that both abs rings are cracked and need to be replaced but to do this they have said they need to replace the cv joints as well. is this true??

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (big ali @ Aug 13 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349156
hi im new to this, my abs light has started to come on, after taking it to the garage i have been told that both abs rings are cracked and need to be replaced but to do this they have said they need to replace the cv joints as well. is this true??

welcome to the forums :00000732:

this is correct, it is possible to buy the rings on line as an after market part but you would still have to remove the c.v. joints from the vehicle to fit them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do we all accept that these things crack just like that? No cause, no wear and tear they just seem to break by happenstance. these parts are non-stressed, don't run against anything just turn in thin air but when they break we the customer are expected to pick up the bill without complaint. It's about time Hyundai faced up to their responsibility and made the things correctly in the first place. Please see my post re 3rd speed ring.
Regards Gorillaman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts