Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi for the last few days my ABS brakes have been coming on quite a lot when braking going down hill (road conditions good) and also the pedal travels a lot before the brakes kick in they work better if I pump the brakes first before pushing them fully. What might the problem be? I changed the brake pads last year and not a whole lot of use since then about 6,000km Would the ABS pump be on the way out or something else?

·
Registered
653 Posts

The sensors are at each wheel separate from the caliper. Just look for the electrical connection behind the rotor.

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
There is a speed sensor at each wheel. But spurious activation of the ABS is more often caused by a broken/cracked tone wheel than a faulty sensor. The tone wheel is a toothed wheel around the drive shafts that tell the sensor how fast the wheel is turning. Funnily enough, someone else just posted with what sounds like the same fault...

2004~2009 Tucson - Removing ABS Sensor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll have a look for that. The problem only started after the NCT (MOT) Test so he probably broke something during the test :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts