Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2010 Santa Fe purchase. My choices so far are the SE model, V6, AWD, mudguards, and floormats. Everything else just as it comes (cloth seats, etc). I don't tow things so no trailer pkg needed. Are there any other options that, in your opinion, just make the vehicle that much better and that I should consider? I have gone back and forth on the GPS and the leather seats. Thanks for your input!

·
1,914 Posts
The only other options available on the SE are the Sunroof/Nav package but that will push you close to $31,000 with AWD.

·
Registered
164 Posts
QUOTE (TailWagger @ May 27 2010, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326931
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2010 Santa Fe purchase. My choices so far are the SE model, V6, AWD, mudguards, and floormats. Everything else just as it comes (cloth seats, etc). I don't tow things so no trailer pkg needed. Are there any other options that, in your opinion, just make the vehicle that much better and that I should consider? I have gone back and forth on the GPS and the leather seats. Thanks for your input!
My 2010 Santa Fe SE comes with leather/cloth seats and the trailer prep pkg-both standard (I, also will never use for towing). You, IMO, will love the Santa Fe! I traded in a 1998 Mercury Mystique with only 30,124 miles (not a misprint) in showroom new condition and running like a charm! But after 12 years I wanted the new modern technology. I miss my Mystique but after 2 months I do not regret my decision. Great handling/quiet/smooth/v-6 pep/decent mileage. Just Do it!! Tedrik

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on your impending purchase.
I've had my SF Sport for almost 2 months now, and already have 8,000kms on it.
I love this vehicle.

To your question, the aftermarket GPSs seem to be easier to upgrade and have more features for way less moola.

I live in the snowbelt so I got steel wheels thrown in to mount my winter tires on.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Aftermarket GPS is the way to go IMO. Much less expensive, fully portable, and you get some choice. The Garmins are arguably the best units, however the Magellans and some others have maps that can be updated online for free.

Leather is nice, but in all honesty I probably won't bother next time. Everything they say about it - cold in winter, sticky in summer, etc. - is true. And then there are the infamous blue stains which the (beige) leather picks up from jeans. Also, leather tends to amplify interior noise somewhat... cloth is quieter.

The snow tire suggestions are a good idea. Because I have limited time left on my lease, I replaced the factory tires with long-life Michelin light truck all-seasons. They work well in snow, but are merely adequate on ice. They are also very durable if you do any mild off-roading as I do.

Enjoy your new ride... it's a solid choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the purchase and so far I love the Santa Fe! The only thing I don't love are the headrests. I'm short and they are too far tilted to the front. I have read the suggestion to straighten the curve a bit with a vise. I can do that, but I wonder what that does to the operation of them protecting the neck from whiplash in a crash? My understanding is they move forward at that time?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
QUOTE (TailWagger @ Jun 21 2010, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335056
I made the purchase and so far I love the Santa Fe! The only thing I don't love are the headrests. I'm short and they are too far tilted to the front. I have read the suggestion to straighten the curve a bit with a vise. I can do that, but I wonder what that does to the operation of them protecting the neck from whiplash in a crash? My understanding is they move forward at that time?
The headrest angle is adjustable. Simply reach behind and pull forward repeatedly. It will ratchet forward to a point, and then spring all the way back to start over.

Congrats on your new ride, and welcome to the forum! :00000732:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts