Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about to buy a 2008 i10 with 1.1 engine (approved used from Hyundai dealer). Any advice that may help this this decision will be very welcome.

Regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
we have a 2008 1.1 which we bought 12 months ago with 16 miles on the clock - we test drove a 1.2 before that which we were impressed with but the 1.1 we eventuaally bought is far better - for the size of the engine it goes like a rocket - it is the wifes car and she adores it - best car she has ever had. All I can say is buy it and you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for response Treborgonzo. This will be a second car also, have a Kia Sportage to tug the caravan so the i10 will be for me to use as the Sportage is too big for me.

So "independance day" is coming :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good Luck with the I10 if you have already bought it.

If not, ask to see the Registration Doc, take a note of the previous owner and see if you can contact them.

Ask if there was anything wrong with it and why they sold it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, Just for your info you might want to read this forum on KNOWN problems on the i10!
I have a 59 1.2 Comforft and mine has had the following in the 5000 miles its done;

1. 3 clutches : This is due to a known fault with clutch judder.
In its mildest form, when pulling away, the revs can suddenly drop causing a stumble or can cause the car to stall.
In its worst form, when pulling away quickly, the car doesnt move just judders a huge amount.

2. 7 radios : Very cheap radios.
the biggest problem is poor radio reception, so check carefully.
The other is intermittant radio operation, usually after about 30 mins.
Also, when Hyundai change the radios, its very easy for them to mark the facia getting the radio out, so mention this to them if they have to change one.

3. Poor fuel economy.
Ive never got anywhere near the published figures and I drive at 56 everywhere!!
Motorway driving, best ive achieved is 52.
Around town, best is 42.
See FUELLY.com for stats on i10s.

Outside these problems, I really like the car!!
If I could guarantee these faults were cured Id definately get another!!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (sads @ Nov 11 2010, 08:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370777
Hi, Just for your info you might want to read this forum on KNOWN problems on the i10!
I have a 59 1.2 Comforft and mine has had the following in the 5000 miles its done;

1. 3 clutches : This is due to a known fault with clutch judder.
In its mildest form, when pulling away, the revs can suddenly drop causing a stumble or can cause the car to stall.
In its worst form, when pulling away quickly, the car doesnt move just judders a huge amount.

2. 7 radios : Very cheap radios.
the biggest problem is poor radio reception, so check carefully.
The other is intermittant radio operation, usually after about 30 mins.
Also, when Hyundai change the radios, its very easy for them to mark the facia getting the radio out, so mention this to them if they have to change one.

3. Poor fuel economy.
Ive never got anywhere near the published figures and I drive at 56 everywhere!!
Motorway driving, best ive achieved is 52.
Around town, best is 42.
See FUELLY.com for stats on i10s.

Outside these problems, I really like the car!!
If I could guarantee these faults were cured Id definately get another!!

Hope this helps

To give a balance. I have had a 1.2 classic and now a 1.2 comfort. Only real problem and it is a very minor problem has been the headlight level switch on both cars which sometimes causes the headlights to do a slight down and up movement. MPG on both cars around 50mpg but obviously depends on driving style and conditions, I do have a scangauge fitted though. I also have a family member and a friend who have 2010 1.2 comforts who also get similar MPG and have had no defects at all.

As for the OP I would strongly recommend you try a 1.2 before committing to the 1.1 as the engines are like chalk and cheese (performance wise) but have the same fuel economy and road taxation band.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would agree with shedloads. MiLady has done about 5000 miles in 6 months without a problem.

She loves it and much prefers it to her previous Honda Jazz.

Fuel consumption? No idea. However she still gets 2 weeks from half a tank, just like the Jazz.

And as the fuel tank is appreciably smaller the consumption must be about 16 - 20 % better.

Never driven a 1.1 so cannot comment.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Picking it up tomorrow (Wed 17th) so we'll see how we get on. Every car has it it's faults I suppose.

On average, comments here and from other sources are good . Got a good price as no trade in, nearly 3 year's warranty left and one owner.

So..... Here Goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts