Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is looking at a 1995 Sonata. It has got 69,000 miles, and he is asking me about the car.I also don't know about this model.I figured that I would post it out here, and see if anyone that has one, might be able to tell me any of the quirks that a Sonata might have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by stanley@Jul 28 2004, 06:28 AM
I have a friend that is looking at a 1995 Sonata. It has got 69,000 miles, and he is  asking  me about the car.I also don't know about this model.I figured that I would post it out here, and see if anyone that has one, might be able to tell me any of the quirks that a Sonata might have.
[snapback]488[/snapback]​

Hi!!My name is Boris and I`m from Bulgaria.I have one sonata 1994 My with 1.8SOHC engine.It is wonderfull car.Sorry for my English?My car is about 260 000km. and i haven`t any big problem with my sonata.This sonata is prodused 1994-1996 and colled sonata2.After that (1997-1998) prodused Sonata 3.If you have any quescion about Sonata - write me to e-mail:[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sonatas produced before 1998 have lower reliability, So I don't recommend that your friend buy it. And at the milage of 70,000 you will have to change timing belt which costs a lot. If the price is not very low, it's not a good buy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have just bought a 1995 sonata 2000 glx,with 120 thousand miles on the clock. no problems with the engine and running train.

A new cam belt fitted here in the uk,cost around £120.so not too bad :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 1995 Sonata, bought it real cheap..had check engine light on and everything and it still ran like a champ. It's a good car for a low price. Got into an accident with it, came out unharmed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts