Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving and heard a loud SNAP and now there is a constant sound of wind like a fan on high. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
383 Posts
One possible cause could be cabin filter door popping open. Might check, it is located behind glove box. Also make sure all doors and hatch are completely closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your suggestion; I'm not sure how to access that but I'll give it a try. I just took it out for a run on the highway and noticed a barely perceptible but still present 'whirr' sound. I'm afraid something has broken off and is now lodged in whatever part it belongs to . I haven't had my first oil change yet so I'm pretty upset about this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I checked the cabin filter door (the glove box was remarkably easy to remove) but sadly this was not the problem. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks for the information. Unfortunately the manner in which the noise started and persists even at low speeds rules this out but I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Easy for me to say, but I wouldn't worry about it.

They will find and fix the issue but I would suggest you take pictures of the dash from different views and review with the service writer the dash has no damage, marks, scratches etc. and acknowledge the dash was reviewed by him on the work order.

It stinks that something went wrong and like I said ....."It's easier for me to say" then be in your position.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You said it's a "whirr" sound which would indicate it's a mechanical sound. Does it change with the speed of the car? I'm assuming that you checked the undercarriage for anything trapped there ( road debris, plastic, etc. ) that might be creating wind resistance. Could the "snap" sound be that you hit something that's now stuck? In the past with another car, I've had plastic film that was sucked up in the wheel well and lodged there that created noise even at 10 mph.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was driving and heard a loud SNAP and now there is a constant sound of wind like a fan on high. Any thoughts?
Well since you heard a snap, do you think you could of broken that black plastic dam thingie under the bumper? If it did break, maybe it's flappin' in the wind and rubbing on the ground or something else. These cars are mucho low to the ground, even in stock format. cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm hearing a 'wind noise' inside the cabin, and its almost impossible to trace where its coming from. Only thing I can say is that it is more pronounced above 30 mph. Windows closed. Fans/AC off, recirc on/off, doesn't make any difference, the noise is there ...like a whirrrrrr. Gonna drive me crazy until I get it back in. I just had my 15k maintenance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check your front bumper. It might have been hit with something that caused a hole. That's what happened to me :(

Neil

·
Registered
251 Posts
just take it in to the nearest hyundai dealer for Gods sake. Its under warranty

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm hearing a 'wind noise' inside the cabin, and its almost impossible to trace where its coming from. Only thing I can say is that it is more pronounced above 30 mph. Windows closed. Fans/AC off, recirc on/off, doesn't make any difference, the noise is there ...like a whirrrrrr. Gonna drive me crazy until I get it back in. I just had my 15k maintenance.

Well, it *was* the re-circ fan blower underneath the glove box. Dealer stated that the 'noise' was normal and that 'no problem was found'.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Typical stealership answer. Wind noise inside a car should not be considered as "NORMAL" I'm losing faith really fast in Hyundai as they seem to be just like any other company. What good is it to have "America's best warranty" if they're not willing to fix anything when you bring your car in?

Reactions: The_AirHawk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts