Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 11 Sonata GLS and I have a Droid. When I plug in the USB and play music through the USB it sounds AWESOME!!!!! When I hook up the phone through BT and play music, it is really quiet. Even with the volume all the way up. Do they make an app to make the BT volume louder, or is there something that can be done to the Sonata to make the volume louder. I've adjusted the Bass, Mids, Highs on the Sonata; adjusted the volume on the Droid.

The reason I want to do that is cause I listen to "A State of Trance" every week. The episodes are 2 hours long; if I'm 45 minutes into an episode it takes 10 minutes to fast forward using the USB. BT all I have to do is hit where I wanna go on the phone and bam it's here. Or is there something that can be done to the Sonata to make the Fast Forward quicker. Plus with the BT I can listen to Pandora and M.O.G.; whereas I can't using the USB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ron

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (blueyzfr6 @ Aug 2 2010, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346701
I just picked up a 11 Sonata GLS and I have a Droid. When I plug in the USB and play music through the USB it sounds AWESOME!!!!! When I hook up the phone through BT and play music, it is really quiet. Even with the volume all the way up. Do they make an app to make the BT volume louder, or is there something that can be done to the Sonata to make the volume louder. I've adjusted the Bass, Mids, Highs on the Sonata; adjusted the volume on the Droid.

The reason I want to do that is cause I listen to "A State of Trance" every week. The episodes are 2 hours long; if I'm 45 minutes into an episode it takes 10 minutes to fast forward using the USB. BT all I have to do is hit where I wanna go on the phone and bam it's here. Or is there something that can be done to the Sonata to make the Fast Forward quicker. Plus with the BT I can listen to Pandora and M.O.G.; whereas I can't using the USB.

Ron
To the best of my knowledge past phone volume and car stereo volume, not much more you can do to increase sound but, you have a few choices:

1) find yourself shorter songs lol
2) connect the droid via auxiliary input (MUCH louder than BT) and then u can use Pandora
3) replace the phone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 2 2010, 03:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346706
To the best of my knowledge past phone volume and car stereo volume, not much more you can do to increase sound but, you have a few choices:

1) find yourself shorter songs lol
2) connect the droid via auxiliary input (MUCH louder than BT) and then u can use Pandora
3) replace the phone?

What's the difference between Auxiliary and USB?

·
Registered
854 Posts
All audio files have different volume levels, from podcasts to mp3s to wavs. It breaks down even further because mp3s can be compressed at different formats 192kb 320kb etc etc. If you want the best quality only purchase/download 320kbps mp3 files.

Bluetooth is a really poor choice for audio quality. I don't use it at all for audio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I listen to a lot of audio books in mp3 format; many of which have >1 hour long chapters. I dump them on a USB stick and have always found that they pick up right where they left off when restarting the car. No fast forwarding needed........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Funnily enough I listen to ASoT every week, too :D I actually just discovered the BT connection as I've just been using the USB cable (I have the Droid). Using the USB is nice because it's definitely louder and I can also control the music (skip tracks etc) through the stereo. The BT connection is definitely quieter but I found if I turned the phone volume all the way up I had to set the stereo to ~14 before I started getting decent levels of sound - USB is around 10. I am thinking about getting another micro-USB cable to allow me to leave it in the car and it also works as a charger too :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (SpinyNorman @ Aug 2 2010, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346765
I listen to a lot of audio books in mp3 format; many of which have >1 hour long chapters. I dump them on a USB stick and have always found that they pick up right where they left off when restarting the car. No fast forwarding needed........
Really? Mine doesn't do that, it always starts from the first track on the usb.

How do you do that? I'm afraid of leaving the usb plugged in because the owners manual says not to. Do you leave it plugged in all the time?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Aug 3 2010, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346819
Really? Mine doesn't do that, it always starts from the first track on the usb.

How do you do that? I'm afraid of leaving the usb plugged in because the owners manual says not to. Do you leave it plugged in all the time?
I bet the owner's manual says not to speed, but we all know we do it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 3 2010, 09:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346823
I bet the owner's manual says not to speed, but we all know we do it!
Lol. Well I wonder what their reason is for saying that? My aftermarket cd player with usb input didn't have a problem at all with leaving the usb plugged in, it also started where it left off. Maybe i'm not doing something right? I should fight the power and leave the usb plugged in! Oh boy I can't wait, i'll feel like such a rebel! keke.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I leave it plugged in all the time. I'm assuiming it's possible to fry the stick if there is a brief power surge when starting the car, but I've never had any problems with it. Given the cheap price of USB sticks, I'm not too concerned about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (blueyzfr6 @ Aug 2 2010, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346701

Ron
I have a Droid, and the SE with the dimension audio system and Navi

On my phone, after BT connects and I start playing, if I adjust the volume on the phone I get the volume popup that says Media Volume (playing over bluetooth) or some message like that. I push that volume all the way to the top otherwise it is really quite. Then volume 35 on the car (which is the max) comes out nice and loud.

I have rooted my Droid, and I run CyanogenMod 6 RC1, so I am not sure if that possibly makes a difference. But I had problems with it being too quiet until I adjusted my phone volume. remember the phone has different volumes for different types of sound. maybe you think you've adjusted the media volume, but it's different for media volume over bluetooth or something.

Just as an aside. On my system, I play music through the stock media player on my Droid and the forward,backward track buttons work causing my phone to go through the next/previous song. AVRCP 1.3 profile which includes the phone sending back the track name of the currently playing song does not work yet, but that is because Android 2.2 doesn't support that yet. I'm sure it's coming though, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Hope this was at least somewhat helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys I got the EVO 4G and I have media volume always all the way up. Anyways it sounds very clear and don't need to go past 18 to have loud music playing. Also your steering wheel controls will also control Pandora. Figured it out by mistake.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does this mean that the Dimension system should support the AVRCP bluetooth profile? I've got a backflip and AVRCP (version 1.0 i'd imagine) is available (according to motorola's site), but my fast forward buttons on the dimension system don't do anything on the phone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts