Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing dash cam cable, when I removed plastic trim from drivers side pillar a tie wrap looking clip was discovered, when installing trim will not fit properly seems to be a little loose not tight to pillar ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry that this will not help you, Jerry - but for others requiring access behind the A-pillar plastic trim piece:
When I installed a dash cam, I initially intended to remove the plastic A-pillar trim. An online service manual showed what appeared to be clips which would simply require a pry tool to pop off. Not having a proper pry tool, I tried to use a screwdriver, however, the plastic was deforming and stretching, causing colour changes in the plastic (where the screwdriver was applying the most pressure). I then discovered that by simply separating the trim slightly with the screwdriver, I had enough room to slip the wire underneath the trim without having to remove the entire piece. This worked out well, although I now have a spot on the upper trim that shows a screwdriver stretch mark and slight discolouration.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
On my Gen Coupe the A pillar is held on by a screw under the ABS thing and then some push clips. But one is the type that the A pillar slides over. It needs to have the A pillar pushed backwards to slip out of the clip.

So take out screw. Pull bottom out and push back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts