Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amp blew on Nov19th in my 2010 Santa Fe Ltd ...dealer cant get a part ...no stock in Canada till maybe the week of Dec 15th ...maybe....almost a month WTF!!!begining to question this purcgase just lucky its still driveable I guess!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Very frustrating - but like you say the car is driveable. A more typical consumable component is more readily available, I'd be surprised if the dealer has replaced more than a handful of amps!

Hopefully no more issues after this!

·
Registered
501 Posts
There's no excuse for this. No stock? It could be here in 48 hrs. The plant is not at the other side of the world.

Get on the blower and complain to head office. Makes no difference if the vehicle is drivable or not. You paid for it. They took your money. It's their job to get you a working part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Call the head office oh yeah /...waht they do is call the deler and tell them your unhappy...to quote Hyundai Canada ...if we had the part we would give it to you ..

A month ...maybe no promises I dont get it my kid can order a t shirt from hong kong on the internet and have it Fed exed THE NEXT DAY!

If this was 1972 and the part was coming half way around the world Ok...ITS 2010 HYUNDAI IS waiting for the mfg to suply them what they should be doing is contacting the mfg and getting one sent here air express( i would pay for that ) instead its Im sorry maybe in 3 weeks maybe...

the whole thing makes me wonder as I know the dealership is trying hard but the stumbling block seems to be Hyundai Canada..
Emailed the Persident of Hyundai Canada ..not that Im expecting a reply ..so far no answer :)

If one person at Hyundai would atke the initiative to track down and special order a amp that would solve tere problem but it seems thier slogan of "Exceeding Expectations" does not hold any water ...in this case. :whistling:

·
Registered
501 Posts
^^ Yeah, I know that calling head office does nothing, but at least you'd be on the record for having a complaint.

I've been through it all. Absolutely terrible company to deal with. Not Hyundai itself, but Hyundai Canada. Luckily, the owner of my dealership agreed with me and took it all the way. Amazing how things change if somebody with power steps in.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (fubob @ Dec 3 2010, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376702
Call the head office oh yeah /...waht they do is call the deler and tell them your unhappy...to quote Hyundai Canada ...if we had the part we would give it to you ..
Of course they would, you getting it under warranty, and they would slight marginal profit on the sale of the part to Hyundai for the claim..

A month ...maybe no promises I dont get it my kid can order a t shirt from hong kong on the internet and have it Fed exed THE NEXT DAY!

post made to save part of quote for fun elsewhere on web.. :whistling:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Over here in the UK, I have waited 18 months for grey leather back seats that got damaged. I know its not likely to be a stock part, but a year and a half and still counting? I think they are still trying to catch a grey cow!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Surprised by no parts in stock? Especially a fairly obscure, non-wear item like this? Welcome to ~2010. NOBODY keeps parts on the shelf unless they are basically pre-sold. It's like this in every range of business now. People don't buy, places don't stock. Tell-tale of a schiddy economy.

Joel

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (PoMansAWD @ Dec 10 2010, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378541
Surprised by no parts in stock? Especially a fairly obscure, non-wear item like this? Welcome to ~2010. NOBODY keeps parts on the shelf unless they are basically pre-sold. It's like this in every range of business now. People don't buy, places don't stock. Tell-tale of a schiddy economy.

Joel
All companies not just the automotive industry have gone to J.I.T (Just in time delivery) so as Joel says that if there is not subsantial call for an item they will not be stocking it. Parts left on the shelf do not generate return on the $ so they are not doing it. All the same it is frustrating and I know were you are coming from.

The worst failure in my mind is the electrical systems as there is no way of fixing it, only replacing it.

Remember that all electrical components are prepackaged with a given amount of smoke and when released do not work well. LOL :whistling:

GLen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (PoMansAWD @ Dec 10 2010, 12:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378541

Joel

A dealer not having stock OK but Hyundai Canada uh uh ....even so they ran out of stock because of run on these in 2010 you can ship overnight from anywhere and I mean anywhere so a month is way to long in 2010 a week should be max.

·
Registered
947 Posts
fubob, I completely agree with you. I've ordered Chinese khrap from fleabay or whatnot and had it to my door in days for next to nothing. OEM parts like this is a whole 'nother ball-game. It's a supply chain thing. Like your amp, pretty much all of these components are allocated for new vehicles with just a small amount set for replacement parts. You'd think they would want to build a bunch to mark up ridiculously ($$$) and sell as replacement parts, but the costs/risks outweigh the potential profits in today's climate.

Joel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts