Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I stopped at a local grocery store on my way home from work. I generally tend to park away from other cars, and there was a nice end spot in the parking lot. I noticed a shopping cart on the loose a row over, so I grabbed the cart, and walked it over to the cart corral.

As I was putting the cart away, I noticed a new Toyota Avalon XLE. It was a gray color that was just a bit darker than my charcoal gray, and it had a pretty attractive light tan interior.

I did my shopping, and as I was coming out to my car, I noticed a woman who appeared to be looking inside my Azera. In fact, it appeared as if she was about to try to open my door! Since I was heading to the car anyway, I pressed the key fob to lock the door, and the car beeped. The woman appeared a bit startled. I pressed the button again, and she suddenly looked up at me, and said “ Oh… this isn’t my car!”

Turns out, it was the owner of the Avalon. She had just bought it. I asked her how she liked it, and she said so far, so good. She mentioned that she had also tested the Azera, and she really liked it, but ultimately picked the Avalon. She asked me how I liked the Azera, and I told her I loved it, and that so far no issues. She seemed to be wondering if she should have purchased the Azera. I’m guessing that since she had an XLE, she probably spent a little less than my Azera with the Tech package.

While her car looked very nice, I can tell you that the leather in the Azera is definitely a step above the Avalon XLE.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have one as well. This lady I know just bought the newest Infinity. Cost around $43,000. She was out in the parking lot one day and was showing it off. It was pretty sharp but kind of small for me. She said look at my leather in the car tight. So is mine. She said look at the head lights they are bright. I have the same kind. I have three head rest in the back seat. Not many cars have that. My Azera does. I have nice wheels. Mine has low profile wheels. Mine has memory seats. So does my Azera. I have Sirius Radio. So does mine. I have air condition seats. My Azera has the same and even my back gets cool. I have a sun roof. So do I and a large sunroof all the way across. My trunk is kind of small. My Azera trunk is large. I have plenty of room in the front of my car. I have plenty of room in the front and back of my car. I have a back up camera. So do I. When I back up my side mirrors also point downward so I can see better. So do mine.

But I got all of this for $43,000 bucks. Sorry to say you got hosed. I got mine for $32,000 and it has more options most came with the price. The only difference is you have a big name with Infinity and I have a smaller unproven name with Hyundai but not too far in the future more consumers will be buying Hyundai and less people will be getting hosed by Infinity that offers more for more money when Hyundai offers better for less. She got in her car and left. Boy some people.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Can't see it had a 1992 Camry and it was the best car I ever had until I bought a Hyundai Azera. Also had a 2000 Camry and it had nothing but issues. The cars in quality were not even close. The 06 Azera and now the 13 Azera are far better quality cars than Toyota in my opinion.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Can't see it had a 1992 Camry and it was the best car I ever had until I bought a Hyundai Azera. Also had a 2000 Camry and it had nothing but issues. The cars in quality were not even close. The 06 Azera and now the 13 Azera are far better quality cars than Toyota in my opinion.
I agree!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts