Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Sonata Ltd with Nav. I have had it since last Nov so close to a yr now. Its ok, been good so far but I have the panoramic roof squeak that many here have and mentioned this to my dealer and they never heard of it, what is the fix for that? Also have the Infinity stereo and would really like to upgrade the front door speakers, can anyone comment on what they used and how it worked out for them? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had my car for 3 months. But there is some squeak coming from somewhere that I can't figure out. Wonder if it is the sunroof. hmmm....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have a 2013 Sonata Ltd with Nav. I have had it since last Nov so close to a yr now. Its ok, been good so far but I have the panoramic roof squeak that many here have and mentioned this to my dealer and they never heard of it, what is the fix for that? Also have the Infinity stereo and would really like to upgrade the front door speakers, can anyone comment on what they used and how it worked out for them? Thanks
Some creaking will be normal due to the larger surface area of the glass, but ask them about the "Squeak n' Squeal" kit. I don't have the panoramic roof, but my SE had to have the regular sunroof adjusted.

·
Banned
109 Posts
oh god, when i bought my car last december, it was squeaking and really pissed me off. I went to dealer three times, they didn't even touch my car the first two times i brought it in, but they told me they fixed it. **** DEALER, eventually, they fixed it, but still making a little squeaking noise when on uneven roads. sometimes i just punched wherever was making noise to make it quiet, and it worked. my car is 2013 LIMITED with regular sunroof

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
mine also has the squeaking issue, everytime I mention it to the dealer they don't understand wtf I am talking about and just straight out tell me "it's a Hyundai, not a BMW... it's a quality issue" no s..t... I found for the panoroof the best way to minimize the sound is to have the roof tilted open when driving which helps .... wish I could permanently solve the issue but no one knows what to do here......... all other drivers learned to live with it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
mine also has the squeaking issue, everytime I mention it to the dealer they don't understand wtf I am talking about and just straight out tell me "it's a Hyundai, not a BMW... it's a quality issue".
I think I'd report those comments to corporate. Hyundai is trying compete with high end car makers like BMW with the Genesis and Equus, the last thing they want is dealers saying stuff like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dunno about the panoramic sunroof, but on the regular sunroof, putting a thin coating of Permatex silicone dielectric grease on the rubber gasket has been a long-lasting fix for me. Using the spray-type silicone grease would help, but only for a little while. With the dielectric grease it's been months now with no noise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the comments. It is not coming from the sunroof and having the sunroof open makes no difference. The creaking is coming from the rear glass roof and drives me nuts. Any passenger I have with me is not impressed by the noise either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a TSB 13-BD-002 that came out in August about creaking or rattling from the B-pillar area with the panoramic sunroof. The fix is to install some acoustic felt between the sunroof cross-member and the body structure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts