Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there a way to set the radio to NOT play iPhone music by default upon plug in?

DETAILS: I ride with a cable plugged into the USB port most of the time. It annoys me when, upon plugging in the phone, the audio system immediately starts to read the iPod features of the phone and begin playing music.​

2. Is there a way to suppress the AM/FM channel display on the radio?

DETAILS: When I cycle through the radio "Modes" I am forced to jump through channel sets that I never use and don't want to see. E.g., AM, FM, XM1.​

3. Is there a way to suppress the touchscreen safety message upon vehicle start?

DETAILS: Whenever I start up the vehicle I'm greeted with a caution message that requires I press "I Agree" before I can access the touchscreen features. I've seen this message hundreds of times now, as an owner. It's annoying to repeatedly jump through this hoop after even very short shutdowns.​

If anyone can suggest ways to set these aspects of the vehicle to behave like _I_ want it to behave, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!

·
Banned
532 Posts
No, well unless you BT your phone, but then you loose charging.
Yes, continue touching mode on your steering wheel and you'll cycle through the functions and be able to stop where you want.

And a Big no....please don't bring this issue up again.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What really annoys me is that I can't use the smart key to lock the doors after I've started the engine. Like when I want to warm up the SFS on cold mornings but not have to sit in it during the warm up. I've discovered that the only way to lock it up is to use the real key by using the outside door locks. This is a PITA. Anybody got a fix ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
1. Is there a way to set the radio to NOT play iPhone music by default upon plug in?

DETAILS: I ride with a cable plugged into the USB port most of the time. It annoys me when, upon plugging in the phone, the audio system immediately starts to read the iPod features of the phone and begin playing music.​
I prefer to not have the radio or iPod automatically play when I start the car. To accomplish this, I keep a blank cord plugged into the AUX jack. By blank I mean one end of the cord is plugged into the AUX jack, and the other end isn't plugged into anything. When I start the car, the radio defaults to the AUX input, which isn't connected to anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doo925, thanks for the post about door locking. Asked dealer about the subject but no-one had a clue. Apart from the key, have you tried the inside door lock button before closing the door? I don't have a remote start and would love to be able to lock the doors while it warms up.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Doo925, thanks for the post about door locking. Asked dealer about the subject but no-one had a clue. Apart from the key, have you tried the inside door lock button before closing the door? I don't have a remote start and would love to be able to lock the doors while it warms up.
I'm pretty sure you can do this... I think i've done it before, but didn't really pay attention to it when I did it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can do this... I think i've done it before, but didn't really pay attention to it when I did it.
Same here, I'll have to test it today as I know I've done that before. I think I just hit the black button on the door handle.

As long as your keys are not in the car it should lock.

·
Banned
532 Posts
What really annoys me is that I can't use the smart key to lock the doors after I've started the engine. Like when I want to warm up the SFS on cold mornings but not have to sit in it during the warm up. I've discovered that the only way to lock it up is to use the real key by using the outside door locks. This is a PITA. Anybody got a fix ?
BlueLink :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never mind. I had a look at the Hyundai Bluelink info. I'm not paying $100 just so I can lock my doors remotely. This should be a standard feature right from factory. Hyundai dropped the ball on this one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Never mind. I had a look at the Hyundai Bluelink info. I'm not paying $100 just so I can lock my doors remotely. This should be a standard feature right from factory. Hyundai dropped the ball on this one.
Don't you have to pay for this feature with Onstar on GM Vehicles? Also, not for nothing, the Bluelink app allows for starting the vehicle remotely leaving the doors locked and the climate control system comes on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There's no fix to this unless you have a PC interface that can talk to the computer and disable the feature (and the feature that prevents you from locking your key in the car).

I have one for my Audi but I'm not sure if one is available for Hyundai and even if there is, it is not cheap. I paid over 450 for mine an I'd suspect that something similar for Hyundai/KIA would be just as pricey.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

2. Is there a way to suppress the AM/FM channel display on the radio?

DETAILS: When I cycle through the radio "Modes" I am forced to jump through channel sets that I never use and don't want to see. E.g., AM, FM, XM1.​

3. Is there a way to suppress the touchscreen safety message upon vehicle start?

DETAILS: Whenever I start up the vehicle I'm greeted with a caution message that requires I press "I Agree" before I can access the touchscreen features. I've seen this message hundreds of times now, as an owner. It's annoying to repeatedly jump through this hoop after even very short shutdowns.​

If anyone can suggest ways to set these aspects of the vehicle to behave like _I_ want it to behave, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!
So now that I've added another Hyundai vehicle to my garage I feel these annoyances even more acutely.

I really wish the software was more flexible and allowed us owners to set display / behavior preferences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts