Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about my Elantra that I was hoping I could get some advice on from other Elantra users.

I have a 2007 Elantra GLS. I've noticed since I got it that sometimes it makes a weird noise, and I'll do my best to describe it. I can tell based on where the noise is coming from that it is NOT a mechanical problem with the car. The noise SEEMS to come from the back windshield/trunk area, it's really hard to tell. It happens sometimes when I go over bumps, or even when I'm just stopped at a red light. I can best relate the noise to the sound of a woodpecker pecking on something. It sounds almost like a creaking noise, and it's not high pitched but rather low pitched. Just curious if any other 2007 Elantra owners have noticed this same thing as well, and what could be done to fix it?

And my second issue. Recently, someone swiped the back of my car and left without leaving any info, so my back bumper is scratched. I brought it in for an estimate at this place, and the owner said that according to something he looked up about 07 Elantras that the entire bumper needs to be sanded and repainted. Does anyone else know if this is true? Or does the repair type depend on how bad the scratches are?

I appreciate any advice about these issues. Thanks!

-Danny

·
Registered
336 Posts
From your description of the noise, I will take a guess. Since you say it happens sometimes when the car isn't moving, it doesn't sound like a suspension issue (shocks, sway bar, etc.) that others have talked about in the forum. I suspect the exhaust system ... maybe a loose, damaged or maladjusted hanger, causing an exhaust component to rattle from engine vibration or exhaust pressure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Noisey fuel pump??? I had a dodge mini van that had a fuel pump noise only when the tank was full. It wasn't bad it just had that quirk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Danny R @ Aug 24 2010, 10:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351618
The noise SEEMS to come from the back windshield/trunk area, it's really hard to tell. It happens sometimes when I go over bumps, or even when I'm just stopped at a red light. I can best relate the noise to the sound of a woodpecker pecking on something. It sounds almost like a creaking noise, and it's not high pitched but rather low pitched. Just curious if any other 2007 Elantra owners have noticed this same thing as well, and what could be done to fix it?
Hey I had the same problem on my 2007 Elantra. it was like a low pitch rattling sound. Thought it was the antenna but that was on tight. turns out it was a torsion bar running across the top of the trunk hood that had come loose from its clip. popped it back in and the noise was gone. Hope this helps.

-Volpe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts