Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I'm looking to buy a Hyundai that's between 2014-2017. I want it to fast and fun to drive but I want it to last me at least to 100k mileage but 200k would be better. I know this is a very picky but I just want something reliable to last me around 4-6 years. A car I inmind was the Hyundai Genesis. I just dont know if its gonna last me long and is cheap to fix if anything breaks. I'm also very new to cars. Thank you for helping me decide what car would be best for me to get. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
13,367 Posts
You want a Genesis Coupe.

I'd kill for one.

·
Registered
13,367 Posts
Fairly bullet proof.

3.3 (3.8?) liter V-6 turbo used in lots of models, including the Genesis line, also found in Kia (Stinger). Tuned for max output in the Coupe.

It's a good looking car to boot.

·
Registered
13,367 Posts
As you can tell from the photo, it's RWD as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just really want something really reliable and with very few problems that might come along when I drive it. I heard there were some recalls from the hyundai with small problems. I just want to know what year would be better to get and if there is an difference between the genesis coupe and sedan in performance?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Not sure about Genesis (only its reputation), Azera is like a luxury Sonata (that can have a V-6). (y)

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0
74 Posts
Fairly bullet proof.

3.3 (3.8?) liter V-6 turbo used in lots of models, including the Genesis line, also found in Kia (Stinger). Tuned for max output in the Coupe.

It's a good looking car to boot.
It was a 2.0 turbo theta, or 3.8 non turbo. The G70 and Stinger use a 2.0 thete 2 engine, and a 3.3 turbo.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0
74 Posts
So which car would be the most reliable to get from hyundai tho?
The theta 2.0t in the Genesis coupe is fairly reliable, but might lack the punch you want. If you go with the 3.8, they are pretty good. Might have to doing some timing chains and tensioners around 100k miles, but other than that, we rarely saw issues with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The theta 2.0t in the Genesis coupe is fairly reliable, but might lack the punch you want. If you go with the 3.8, they are pretty good. Might have to doing some timing chains and tensioners around 100k miles, but other than that, we rarely saw issues with them.
Are theta 2.0t more reliable than thr 3.8? I'm upgrading from an Accord so either one would still be a lot faster than my old Accord.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0
74 Posts
I'll do some research in the upcoming days but a question I have is during what seasons do hyundai's become cheaper and are better to buy?
Right now, with the current used car market, there is no better season to buy. All seasons are bad right now If you are in the northern states that get snow, might be slightly cheaper to get one during the winter since the Gen Coupes are rear wheel drive, but it's not going to be noticeable. The used car market has settled a little bit over the past couple months, but whether it's going to continue to fall, nobody knows. We had someone trade in a GV80, and within a month, the value had dropped $10k. We just sold it earlier this week and lost $6k on the deal.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts