Hyundai Forums banner

A couple of questions regarding BlueLink

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  rdrinovac 
#1 · (Edited)
1) I noticed when doing the Vehicle Status check on the app/web browser it usually indicates that the doors are unlocked as shown in the attached image. However, when I physically check the doors are locked. Is there something I'm missing or this some type of glitch? Also, I'm not sure why it has "Fuel Unknown" or what that means.

2) When trying to access the Vehicle Diagnostics in the car I get the attached error. Is this an issue or is this tied to the monthly diagnostic report that has not been generated yet?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I will not be renewing BlueLink. The people who handle the phones are useless with little to no knowledge, and the service is mostly fluff deigned to give Hyundai continuing funding.

I don't need a pop-up on my screen to remind me to take the car into a dealer for expensive and probably unnecessary service.

#5 ·
When you first open the app it does not query the status of the vehicle. This query is only accomplished after you hit the refresh button. I know, pretty silly to open the app and it not provide the most current information. It can't be hard to add that process/step to the app opening.

I will stick with bluelink until my 3 yr free plan is done. I will not renew, I will add a remote start and security system after that is complete. It takes bluelink too long to do what I ask.

Reactions: Phych
#7 ·
I had installed Python remote start security system in my 2011 Sonata and the commands to lock, unlock, start, stop, etc were only about a few seconds delay. Bluelink takes about 30 secs like MButkus stated. That drives me crazy. It takes entirely way too long not only to do the command but just to get into the app and tab in the code each time I want to send a command. I also hate the fact that the remote start causes the hazard lights to blink CONSTANTLY until you get to the car and roll out. It's like "HI EVERYBODY, MY ENGINE IS RUNNING AND NO ONE IS IN IT, PLEASE COME TAKE A LOOK" To me, that is insane.

Reactions: Maciver
#8 ·
Like Ryan T said, all you need to do is hit refresh when you're on the screen and it will update.

I'm keeping my BlueLink active until I part with CARDIS. I got lucky and received a Black Friday offer for $10/mo for both Remote and Connected Care for the life of the vehicle (or when the radios become obsolete, which is more likely). Like most everyone here, I originally only went as far as the free promotional period and unsubbed because it was a bit too expensive for my uses.

#9 · (Edited)
Is it possible that an updated status report isn't generated unless specifically requested, to save data usage on your cell service?

I don't need a 'refresh' every time I open the app. And when requesting a 'start', the app provides me the status in the feedback report.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.