Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2004 tib gt and thought id try and recharge the a/c. i bought one of those cans with the gauge on it and attempted it now my a/c does not blow cold air and the a/c control panel light flickers on and off and i can hear the compressor(i guess) kicking on and off as the light flickers. did i mess it up badly?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Take it someplace for an evacuation and recharge. It doesn't cost that much, maybe $150. It's worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the a/c climate control overheats and melts the plastic housing causing a bad connection no one seems to know why it overheats and melts that i know of we need get to the bottom of this problem

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (teenskater17 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347881
the a/c climate control overheats and melts the plastic housing causing a bad connection no one seems to know why it overheats and melts that i know of we need get to the bottom of this problem

Overheat and melt indicates you have a high load or high resistence concern... need wire diagram to find the connector and wire, and what the wire is for, and run with it on your diagnosis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (teenskater17 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347881

so you have the same problem? i have noticed the climate control does get very hot! have you had the dealer or anyone else look at it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts