Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sonata. At the beginning of this year I had to have the A/C compressor replaced. When the weather started getting warm and I had to turn on the A/C, I noticed a slight "jerking" in the car as long as the A/C was running. Took it back to the shop. He checked the freon and cleaned it up. Still done it. Took it back, had the cabin filter replaced, still does it. When this "jerking" is going on, the air that is blowing gets warm. I've noticed that if I'm driving very slow, 30 MPH or lower, or at a complete stop - it seems to return to really cold air. However, when I start rolling again, the "jerking" and warm air return. As soon as the A/C is turned off, the "jerking" stops, but I'm sweating bullets! I have a very good mechanic, but this has him stumped. This "jerking" feels like the compressor kicking on and off in rapid session. That's the best I can describe it. It has about 145,000 miles on it and other than this issue, runs like a new car. Anyone have any ideas on what I can suggest my mechanic try next?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You do not have any indication as to which engine we playing with..

2007 available with 2 engine.

3.3 V6 I would be intersted in if the crank pulley is seperated and spinning middle under load... notice any bumping/lumpy feel while turning steering wheel (split second loss of assist) ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do not have any indication as to which engine we playing with..

2007 available with 2 engine.

3.3 V6 I would be intersted in if the crank pulley is seperated and spinning middle under load... notice any bumping/lumpy feel while turning steering wheel (split second loss of assist) ??
You know what! I have noticed that when I'm getting off of the interstate onto an exit ramp that my steering wheel seems to "lock" kinda. It will release, but it just started doing that since the new compressor was put on. As for the engine size, I thought it said it on the top of the motor. It says DOHC 16V. According to my insurance policy I have a 4CYL. No clue??? (if you haven't guessed, I'm a gal)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
That be a 2.4L (4 cylinder).. dont recall seeing crank pulley issue with that engine, but anything possible.

As to the "gal" part.. I didnt notice, I must have been asleep at the wheel,, forgive me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That be a 2.4L (4 cylinder).. dont recall seeing crank pulley issue with that engine, but anything possible.

As to the "gal" part.. I didnt notice, I must have been asleep at the wheel,, forgive me
Any other suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts