Hyundai Forums banner

A/C Issue

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Woketman 
#1 ·
I believe that my 2012 Elantra's air conditioning has failed. Although it is getting cold out (54 deg F this morn), it feels like it should be getting colder coming out of the vents. I visually verified that when I turn the A/C on in the cabin, the clutch on the compressor locks up.
But there is a possible complication: I noticed a few days earlier, that the airbag warning symbol came on and stayed on while driving. According to the manual, this indicates a nebulous failure somewhere in the airbag system. A few days later, it went off, cam back on a day later.....

Could this airbag light be possibly connected in some weird way with the A/C crapping out? What are some things to look for with the A/C failure? Obviously there could be a leak, but it went out suddenly. Any help is much appreciated......

#10 ·
In your logic it would be running at 40F but I'm not trying to split hairs. I see I gave the wrong number at 65 it say's 55 in alldata.
At any rate, If he had a IR thermometer he could find out the actual numbers.

#11 ·
Took it to a local garage. They charged it up. They say the pressure is about the same on both sides of the compressor implying the compressor is shot and needs replacing. Is there a credible compressor failure mode that also involves a leak? This sounds like it will be $$$.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.