Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 2012 sonata 2.0t limited, the problem with the AC is that when you turn the car on if you turn the AC and just leave the car at idle it will not cool, if you start driving it will cool after like 7 minutes of driving... After the AC starts cooling it's all good. The problem seems to be more active on hotter days if the car is left outside, which I live in Central Florida and during summer it's pretty hot, but if the car is in the shade the AC will start cooling much faster ( when I say cooling I mean colder air coming from the vents not the vehicle feeling at a confortable temperature... Anybody has any clue on this...

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
Sounds like a weak clutch on the compressor. There's another thread here about this. But with the AC on and the engine idling, if did not come on get a broom stick or similar piece of wood, find the compressor and tap the middle of the non spinning clutch pulley. If it kicks in the clutch is weak and cannot pull in the pulley. The hotter it is the worse this gets. There maybe a shim under your clutch pulley that can be removed to fix this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention it has the compressor with some sort of internal clutch bc the pulley is always spinning wether is on or off

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Have you had the pressures checked?

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Then you need to see what pressure the pressure sensor is relaying back to the ECU. to see if it's consistent with gauge pressure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I live in Miami and my 2012 2.0T AC is intermittent the speed does not matter but if I park in the direct sun it does not cool unless get the car moving. Sometimes it stops cooling in normal speed 30+ but if I put it in neutral and rev the engine over 3000 rpms the AC will kick on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts