Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there known issues with the a/c heater controls in the tiburon? ive got a 2004 gt and am having problems with the a/c heater controls flickering on and off especially when the blower is on the highest setting. i dont have any problems with it when i am using the heat or defrost. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the ac control switch or climate control what ever you like to call it.. will over heat at the connection and melt the housing and possibly cause fire ..i have replaced three climate controls and still have the problem and also don't have any grounding problems that i can find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (teenskater17 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347878
the ac control switch or climate control what ever you like to call it.. will over heat at the connection and melt the housing and possibly cause fire ..i have replaced three climate controls and still have the problem and also don't have any grounding problems that i can find.

have you ever had it to the dealer to have it checked? thats the exact problem i am having.........how would i check for grounding problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't think it is your problem but just worked on my wifes blower motor on her 04. It was making a lot of noise and when I opened up the filter box there was none. This from the factory. I put one in and the parts guy told me to check it once a year for mildew and other problems. Just wanted to say this in case anyone else didn't get one from the factory.
As far as your problem it sure sounds like a loose connection somewhere. If the force of air is going off and on it's easy to pull the glove box, six screws and check your blower and attached wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (joey0309 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339830
are there known issues with the a/c heater controls in the tiburon? ive got a 2004 gt and am having problems with the a/c heater controls flickering on and off especially when the blower is on the highest setting. i dont have any problems with it when i am using the heat or defrost. any help is appreciated.

i have an 04 Gt as well and there are times when it does that too. they flicker and it stops by them selves. So i wonder if and what the solution ca be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I to have a 2004 Tiburon GT with the same type of A/C control problems. I have been through 3 sets of controls and still am running into a problem with this. I know that it is the switches since when I push them in slightly it corrects the problem until the next bump. I am going to get another set of controls and work to solve this problem myself since Hyundai refuses to accept there is a problem with their design.

·
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (ronjon40 @ Aug 18 2011, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=492798
I to have a 2004 Tiburon GT with the same type of A/C control problems. I have been through 3 sets of controls and still am running into a problem with this. I know that it is the switches since when I push them in slightly it corrects the problem until the next bump. I am going to get another set of controls and work to solve this problem myself since Hyundai refuses to accept there is a problem with their design.
:00000732:

Good luck with your fix and please our group updated with your results!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 05 Tiburon S/E with the same problem it's not all the controls that are the problem its only the blower switch which i have replaced and the problem went away it cost me 30.00 dollars this is the part number hyutiburon/HS-407

1 - 8 of 8 Posts