Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. My almost 9 year old Elantra's compressor is shot. I'm not keeping the car for too much longer so I don't want to spend over a grand on a replacement. Question is, is it ok to continue driving on a bad compressor or will it cause other problems. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. My almost 9 year old Elantra's compressor is shot. I'm not keeping the car for too much longer so I don't want to spend over a grand on a replacement. Question is, is it ok to continue driving on a bad compressor otr will it cause other problems. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Depends on what is wrong with the compressor. If it's the clutch/bearing assembly
it could possibly let go at any time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem turns out more to be a control problem created by a reflash a couple of years ago under warranty. Had issues with compressor , condenser l then condenser leaked and high pressure line leaked.told it was now a control problem. Found fan control module wiring to be rotton replaced it then dealer said it was low on charge a nd told them a ac expert had just done all of this work..zDealer then put original flash back in a nd guess what ....it worked! Now i just had to pay for this when they changed versions under warranty..Will never buy a Hyundai again!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it lets go, will everything else go? Is it on the same belt as alternator etc? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts