Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am having a problem with the my A/C compressor on my 2005 2.7 Santa Fe with 130k. I just recently had the compressor replaced by a guy working cars on the side. (previous problem for replacement was frozen pully leading to damage of the clutch, replaced). So after replacement of the compressor, i noticed the compressor does not cycle off(verified by rpm and visual). So with interior switch is placed on for cooling the clutch engages and will never disengage unless i turn the A/C switch off. I tried different temp positions and defrost and most all possible settings with the same results. I would appreciate any help ficing this problem. thx. tox

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
You should get a small accurate thermometer for the c vent to see what temps you are getting. Sounds like it may be a low charge.

My Gen Coupe will cycle at 36F-40F coming out the vents. My Accent runs down to 40F but seldom cycles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If it is low charge it will cycle often(Low pressure switch will turn it off) Slightly over charged it may stay on all the time depending on temps and High pressure side. Without gauges(not just Low pressure quick charge ones) it would be hard to tell. A perfect charge will be the accumulator never reaching below freezing. If it (low side)is hanging about 40 PSI on the low side it is probably slightly over charged. High pressure is usually around 220-260 depending on temps outside(condenser temps)

·
Registered
378 Posts
AC Problem

Tox,
Welcome to the forum. You might update your profile and let the forum members know where you live.
You may or may not have a problem here.
Red and Chris have good points and if you could gather a
couple of data points to post here, it might help with suggestions:

Before engine start(Cold motor)

What is the outside temp?
What is the static gas pressure? (Either port, should be same)

After engine start
Do both fans come on when the AC is engaged?
Do the fans kick to high speed after a few moments?
What are the low and high pressure ports reading after a couple of minutes?

Hard to diagnose with information you have provided.
Any way you can ask your mechanic buddy how many ounces of freon he put in the car after his work?

Good luck,
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts