Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
User has limited control over the A/C Compressor in SFS and compressor w

Problem is that you cannot turn the vehicle fan on...at all...without the compressor engaging. Even if you just want to vent outside air into the vehicle. I don't always want my windows down to facilitate this, and find that not being able to turn off the A/C as being annoying—seems like an odd decision for the engineers to make as this has to affect overall fuel economy for everyone.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compressor engages anytime the fan is on. Hyundai Engineer stated this was normal.

·
2,258 Posts
are you sure he didnt mean it the other way around: when the clutch engages, the fans automatically turn on?

also when you have it on windshield defrost, it will automatically use the compressor for this.

·
Registered
161 Posts
...only way around this to get fresh outside air is to push the a/c on then off. You then can tell a difference in temp.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
User has limited control over the A/C Compressor in SFS and compressor w

Problem is that you cannot turn the vehicle fan on...at all...without the compressor engaging. Even if you just want to vent outside air into the vehicle. I don't always want my windows down to facilitate this, and find that not being able to turn off the A/C as being annoying—seems like an odd decision for the engineers to make as this has to affect overall fuel economy for everyone.

Thoughts?

Fuel economy difference likely very small (modern compressor technology) - although given what the fuel economy is every bit would seem to matter. I'm more concerned with compressor longevity - but as long as it fails before 10/100k I'd be ok with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my Hyundai the AC clutch only engages if the AC button is on. If the AC button is on within a minute the fan kicks in. If I switch off AC the fan stops.

If I am using the defrost mode, the AC will come on momentarily whether the AC button is on or off.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I don't believe the compressor is covered under the 10/100K warranty.
John
then I'm concerned if it can't be turned off as compressors do wear out and are expensive to have replaced.

I thought with the auto system there is a manual mode where the compressor is not automatically engaged ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts