Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like I will be making another trip to the dealer this weekend...I got into my sonata tonight, turned on the A/C, and it is blowing warm air. This will be the third time to the dealer in since I bought the car 4 weeks ago. First time was for a radial tire pull, which isn't really hyundai's fault. I went to the dealer and told them I want a new tire becuase I have a radial tire pull. They tried to convince me it was an alignment issue, even though it doesn't have camber adjustment. Needless to say, I got a new tire about 4 hours later. Then the next weekend for the steering recall. Now I have no A/C.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (mps925 @ Oct 26 2010, 11:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366611
Well it looks like I will be making another trip to the dealer this weekend...I got into my sonata tonight, turned on the A/C, and it is blowing warm air. This will be the third time to the dealer in since I bought the car 4 weeks ago. First time was for a radial tire pull, which isn't really hyundai's fault. I went to the dealer and told them I want a new tire becuase I have a radial tire pull. They tried to convince me it was an alignment issue, even though it doesn't have camber adjustment. Needless to say, I got a new tire about 4 hours later. Then the next weekend for the steering recall. Now I have no A/C.

This is just a guess, but you are not a tailgater are you? My suspect would be a rock puncturing the a/c condenser. Reason why is I had about 100 miles on my car by the time I drove it home from the dealer. That first weekend I installed air horns and already noticed that at least one rock had found its way to the a/c condenser. I am a very devout anti-tailgater, always keep my distance as much as possible yet I still got a rock in the first 100 miles. Before putting it back together after installing the horn, I put some fiberglass window screen in front of the condenser to prevent more rock damage, and have been even more anal about keeping my distance on the freeway. Just a thought!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Try your car again. People are having a mysterious AC shut down issue. Just pull over and restart the car and it should work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Oct 27 2010, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366679
Try your car again. People are having a mysterious AC shut down issue. Just pull over and restart the car and it should work.
That's not a fix!!!! My ac also blew warm and they replaced my compressor. I think the sonata has compressor issues. It took the dealer 3 visits to determine I needed a new compressor. So far so good with my new one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (Fish8 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366698
That's not a fix!!!! My ac also blew warm and they replaced my compressor. I think the sonata has compressor issues. It took the dealer 3 visits to determine I needed a new compressor. So far so good with my new one.

I have found that putting it in "Auto " mode my car gets cooler quicker then it would by hitting the AC button. I do know when I first turn on my AC it takes a little before it will cool down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just another thought to throw out there. For those of us with the 2011.5 SE/Limited the Active Eco system does some stuff with the A/C to increase fuel economy so if your A/C takes a little longer than you expect to cool down it could be the active eco system cycling the compressor to save gas, try turning the active eco off and then turn your a/c off and back on and see what happens.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts