Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/C Issues Appear to Be Gone......(why can't you edit the title??)

For the past two years I had A/C issues where after driving 2+ hours in temps above 80, the A/C stopped blowing cool air and the fan blew weak.
The dealer last year, after conferring with Hyundai Cooperate, replaced a sensor on the compressor.
I was not going to take any chances, so I replaced the thermister myself.
Yesterday driving from SC to Florida, the temps registered on the dash were showing low to high 80's and I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic for awhile on I4 near Disney (go figure). The A/C stayed ice cold for the entire trip and when I checked the A/C lines under the hood, no frost buildup.
Fingers crossed that it will continue to work as intended......

·
Registered
827 Posts
A/C Issues Appear to Be Gone......(why can't you edit the title??)

For the past two years I had A/C issues where after driving 2+ hours in temps above 80, the A/C stopped blowing cool air and the fan blew weak.
The dealer last year, after conferring with Hyundai Cooperate, replaced a sensor on the compressor.
I was not going to take any chances, so I replaced the thermister myself.
Yesterday driving from SC to Florida, the temps registered on the dash were showing low to high 80's and I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic for awhile on I4 near Disney (go figure). The A/C stayed ice cold for the entire trip and when I checked the A/C lines under the hood, no frost buildup.
Fingers crossed that it will continue to work as intended......
There is actually a recall for that. Just came out.
Check to see if your car is included even though you have replaced the thermistor yourself

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have to check to see if mine is on the list. I had my compressor replaced as it squealed like a pig and it was the hottest day of the summer :(.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts