Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My 2016 Hyundai Accent has a problem with air coming out of the vents. Occasionally the air will be running but the air will stop flowing out of the vents. I'll turn the fan on high and you can hear the air blowing but barely a trickle comes out of the vents. If the car is off for a while and turn it back on the air comes out of the vent. I suspect it may be the air mode door. If so, does anyone know the correct part number or have any diagrams? I'm hoping to be able to replace it myself but have not done this particular job before. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello All,
My 2016 Hyundai Accent has a problem with air coming out of the vents. Occasionally the air will be running but the air will stop flowing out of the vents. I'll turn the fan on high and you can hear the air blowing but barely a trickle comes out of the vents. If the car is off for a while and turn it back on the air comes out of the vent. I suspect it may be the air mode door. If so, does anyone know the correct part number or have any diagrams? I'm hoping to be able to replace it myself but have not done this particular job before. Thank you so much!
Try this link. Should get you started in the right direction.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Your evaporator is likely freezing up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm starting to question whether it's the AC control module or mode actuator. Most of the time the blower is blowing at the correct flow rate but the air is coming out of the vents but I've had times where the air is coming out of the vent but cold air isn't coming out.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
EVAPORATOR IS FREEZING UP.......

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
The evaporator has a temperature sensor that may be bad.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Need to see what it reads with a scan tool. Could be a problem with the controller. Need to do some testing to be sure.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
517 Posts
Hmmm...sensor is only about 20 bucks. Anyone know where I might find that sensor? The diagram I have is a bit confusing. Thank you for all the help!
Here is the part and its location.
A0451D9F-4DD4-4A27-AF08-4616A7A93FDD.png
ED3DF8EE-74B0-485B-A681-4BB7C4AFF637.png

The highlighted part should be what you replace.
A thermistor is a resistive device that changes resistive values as temperatures go up and down. This is how most thermostats work for a/c units and anything that controls temperature.

I'm an electronic tech with 40 years in the field so hopefully this helps. ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the part and its location.
View attachment 441654 View attachment 441655

The highlighted part should be what you replace.
A thermistor is a resistive device that changes resistive values as temperatures go up and down. This is how most thermostats work for a/c units and anything that controls temperature.

I'm an electronic tech with 40 years in the field so hopefully this helps. ???
I appreciate it! Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone might have the service manual for 2016 Hyundai Accent? I'm having trouble locating and getting access to the evaporator temperature sensor

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
517 Posts
That's typical for anything free. They also leave out the electrical schematics too.

You can buy a real service manual online for about $15.
Here's the link and is what I wound up having to do to get more information for my current build.

This is a pdf file you'll have to down load or upload to dropbox.
I copied the pdf and pasted to Adobe for safe keeping.
Now I've got schematics I need for wiring mods etc.

Again this is the only true service manual with everything you need to know on how to repair and troubleshoot your car.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
That's typical for anything free. They also leave out the electrical schematics too.

You can buy a real service manual online for about $15.
Here's the link and is what I wound up having to do to get more information for my current build.

This is a pdf file you'll have to down load or upload to dropbox.
I copied the pdf and pasted to Adobe for safe keeping.
Now I've got schematics I need for wiring mods etc.

Again this is the only true service manual with everything you need to know on how to repair and troubleshoot your car.
What kind of coverage do these have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Need to see what it reads with a scan tool. Could be a problem with the controller. Need to do some testing to be sure.
So had the car scanned and no codes came up. The omly reason I suspect a dirty condenser is that I had a sour vinegar scent come out the vents a few months back.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
So had the car scanned and no codes came up. The omly reason I suspect a dirty condenser is that I had a sour vinegar scent come out the vents a few months back.
Who scanned it?
You need to look at live data NOT codes.
I'm done here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts