Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent the entire weekend changing the battery cables to the solenoid under the car, I could push start the lantra before but now i think the immobiliser has kicked in... Also the electrics won't work and the windows are stuck Down :p it's like the electrics are running but not drawing enough power.. Also think I heard a pop from the solenoid when o went to start it possibly. I changed the battery leads with a 97 lantra to a 99 lantra that may also have caused the problem... Any help would be appreciated thanks...

·
Registered
68 Posts
First of all get a voltmeter and put it on the battery terminals. If you're not getting about 12.75 volts, it means the battery is low. Secondly check that the battery terminal connects are not loose - remove them, clean them, replace them, then tighten them down using tools. Third double check the ground wire connectors on the chassis. Of course I have no idea what you may have done to the wiring or the starter. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
A fully charged battery should be around 12.5 volts.
There is one battery cable to the starter and one ignition cable to the solenoid.
What was the reason for changing these cables?

Before you were able to push start the engine?
Now, you believe the immobilizer has kicked in cause now you can not (push) start the engine?
Heard a POP when you changed battery leads?
Are the battery leads reversed??

It is difficult to help when there is so little information
And, we can not see what happened or what you did

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
This thread is over 9 years old.
I reckon he will have figured it out by now.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts