Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm after some assistance / opinions on what I can do about the current situation with my rear speakers & the mounts.
After some years of heat & such, the mounts are breaking apart :\. I also picked up some 6" speakers that I was planning on mounting in the rear, but couldn't get them to fit.

Wondering if you guys know if it's possible to get (aftermarket) replacement mounts or whether you have successfully installed 6" round speakers in the rear without too much modification ?
I believe the stock speakers are 5.25"

Any help would be great,

Regards,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Widget I mounted the covers for the 6'' (because they look good) on the top, and I mounted the speakers underneath by screwing into the mesh...I have a 1992 Excel and the problem was similar, the only problem with the 6'' speakers is they cannot handle the base so I tuned my stereo system to lower the output to the rear, that's the downside, if you look and some other Hyundai's in the wrecker yards they have big oval speaker obviously to handle the base...I have fitted a Sony...unfortunately the front speakers have to take the brunt of the volume control...USB socket is cool for MP3 or even better is blue tooth and a tablet and real videos and music with no wires (MP4)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts