Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased a 96 Hyundai Lantra Sportswagon, and the fuel economy sucks. The car has 200,000klm on it and I am looking at th possibility on canging the engine.
Rather than a reconditioned engine, I thought to see if anyone would know if you can put a later model motor in the earlier model?
Other questions were does anyone know how many klm you are supposed to get out of a tank of petrol on both the earlier models ad the later models?
And if any modifications are to be made if changing engine to a later model, what would they be?

Your help would be appreciated

Many Thanx

Fiona ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by fionamal@Sep 12 2004, 07:04 PM
Hi,

I have just purchased a 96 Hyundai Lantra Sportswagon, and the fuel economy sucks. The car has 200,000klm on it and I am looking at th possibility on canging the engine.
Rather than a reconditioned engine, I thought to see if anyone would know if you can put a later model motor in the earlier model?
Other questions were does anyone know how many klm you are supposed to get out of a tank of petrol on both the earlier models ad the later models?
And if any modifications are to be made if changing engine to a later model, what would they be?

Your help would be appreciated

Many Thanx

Fiona ;)
[snapback]1142[/snapback]​

I think that engine is just at the limit of his life.
and I thing any elantra later motor will fit your car (Motor an gear Box)
Normally a 1.8 Elantra performs 8 kmts per litre.
your worn out engine must consume at about one litre per 7 kilometers y supose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts