Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was running fine,all the sudden the engine caught fire iit melted some wires also distributor cap as well as spark plug cables replaced everything tried to start but no fire any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Papo24, when you say fire do you mean an electrical fault that has burnt the wiring? short circuit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
You have a short circuit, a wire has fried because it is overloaded or because it has shorted out, the Hyundai is well protected with fuses...first I would check the fuses and make sure they are of the correct rating, have you burnt out a fuseable link, they are heavy duty fuses that protect the sub circuit, if it is burnt out then you will need to check where the faulty wire is, that will possibly require stripping the wiring loom and replacing/correcting the fault before replacing the fusble link...you need some basic electrical skills, this can be somewhat time consuming, Im too far away in Aotearoa (New Zealand) to help, some times a 12v simple light probe can assist...it gets technical from this point so I won't go further
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top