Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a brake switch as a spare a couple of years ago after recall replacement. Didn't realize the kind dealer sold me the recalled 93810-3S000 switch. I jerry-rigged this plastic cap quarter turn don't put the nut on 180* off or you cannot push in the locking tab POS.

At least it starts & at night I can situate the rod on the pedal & turn off the brake lights. I'm going to order a couple of the 93810-3SR0A-QQH switches. I also need a couple of the small rubber bumper pads that adhere to the brake arm for the brake swith plunger to rest upon.

Then again maybe I don't. The old one was worn all the way through and I had to peal it off installing the NOS old switch as a stop-gap temporary solution at 2:30 AM.

Is there a part number for the small rubber pad?

I wish to add that after the recall switch was replaced, around 32K, I've had to adjust it twice w/third need unable to adjust at 58K.

That recall switch lasted a whole 26K w/as mentioned two seperate adjustments to stop the brake lights from always on.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I presume the little rubber pad would have a cone shaped teat on the back allowing it to lock into the brake arm. As is I placed a pen upside down using the shirt pocket latch on the brake chassis to prevent the old style NOS switch from sliding over & dropping in the hole once again allowing lights to stay on all the time. I do not understand why the switch is loos, yet works. The plastic cap is adjustable though unlike the new switch, w/2 nuts to sdjust/lock, there's nothing on the back side of the switch to keep it taut w/mounting bracket.

Yeah, I placed a rubber band over the top of the pen & the four prong terminal for insurance.

It works and should last until I can order a couple of new switches. Any port in a storm.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind & thanks anyway. The rubber pad has been replaced w/hard round opaque plastic stopped considerably thicker than the old rubber. Go ahead, ask me for the part #.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts