Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNAVI is an integrated and multi-media management navigation system for your vehicle with OEM fit and finish.
It retains all of the factory features and controls, including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ RETAIN BLUELINK FUNCTIONS & INFO DISPLAY
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

SYSTEM INFORMATION
- LCD SIZE : 7" or 8" LCD Sized Monitor (7" - UNAVi X1 & X3, 8" - UNAVi X2)
- 800MHz AU1354 CPU : Equipped with CPU used in Hyundai/Kia OEM Navigation System. (Proven Stability)
** Price is not the factor - Our CPU costs more than the 2.XXGHz CPUs equipped in other manufacturers' system.
- MAP SOFTWARE : Preloaded maps "SPEED NAVI" of North America developed by HYUNDAI MOTOR GROUP’s map software company "HYUNDAI M&SOFT INC."
- WINDOWS CE O/S PLATFORM
- 800 x 480 WVGA Resolution
- COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY'S AUDIO : Special Radio interface OEM-LOOKS!
- QUICK MENU KEYS : Easy play to Audio or Navigation functions.
- 2W x 1 STEREO Speakers
- u-blox GPS module
- AUDIO-OUT: AC97 / ALC5610 / Line Out / 1W X 2 Speak Out
- VIDEO-IN: BI 1605 Input / AV-IN / Rear View (CVBS input) / 2-port
- VIDEO-OUT: CH7026 CVBS OUT / L2C Interface
- Backup Camera Auto-booting when engage into Reverse gear
- SMART TRIP : Navigation sounds on the external speaker automatically if factory radio's on
- POWER: DC +12V ~ +24V

So Why Choose Unavi?
*We Are The
Manufacturer since Serving North America since 2009.
All product and support are based in California and headquartered in Korea. Fully staffed and trained tech support on stand-by for your needs. Always in stock, ready to ship.
*Nationwide Dealer Network
Experience Unavi’s worry-free installation, repair and technical assistance by the industry’s professionals.
*Hassle-Free Warranty
3-year manufacturer’s warranty comes with an advance exchange program.
If there is a problem you aren’t left with a hole in your dash while waiting for repairs.
*Cutting-Edge Design
High-quality LCD and components engineered for OEM fit and finish.
All testing and R&D maintains a thorough process in Korea and the U.S. as it releases products to our valued customer base.
Unavi is anxious to be on the leading edge of technology.
*Maps
Preloaded maps of North America developed by HYUNDAI MOTOR GROUP’s map software company "HYUNDAI MNSOFT INC."
An optional 3D map is expected to be released when all bugs are worked out during the testing phase and we are confident of its quality and features. Currently, many 3D maps are still at a state where it lacks three-dimensional building structures even in large cities. We strive to provide the best experience for our users!
*Proven Stability
Equipped with AU1354 CPU used in Hyundai/Kia OEM navigation system.
Price is not the factor - Our CPU costs more than the 2GB CPUs equipped in other manufacturers' system.
Since Unavi offers a three-year warranty and caters to dealerships, it is crucial that our products meet certain level of OEM standards and qualifications for safety and durability with extra bells and whistles.
Fully certified, complies with FCC/KCCC and registered member of Bluetooth SIG.

Compare & Contrast with competitive products
• Standard 1-year warranty with no advance exchange options (always ask about their warranty)
• Radio replacement type, may lose some or all factory features and pay extra for satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and steering wheel control adapter harness
• Most units are made in China with inferior parts (actually makes sound quality worse)
• Limited inventory – they get them from the manufacturer on a per basis order
• Limited to no tech support/customer service; no presence in the U.S. or in the aftermarket industry
• Product still in development and/or not ready for shipping
• We never want our customers to be the “guinea pig” for products being introduced
• When it comes to factory integration on Korean vehicles, no one does it better

************************************************** ***********************************************
Attention Forum members!!!
The Special Forum member Pricing Is only available directly through UNAVi.
We will setup everything from shipping product to either you or a shop for install and since we also have reduced labor rates, that will also be taken care of by us.
So all you need to do is purchase the item through us tell us a good date of install and we will call the shop and set the appointment for you.
This offer will not be found at our Dealers or Shops as they are not part of this special offer. So don't pass it up while it lasts, supplies are going fast!!! Thank you and have a great Day!!!!
[UNAVI Navigation] Special Forum Member Pricing - Limited Time Offer!!
************************************************** ***********************************************

This thread intended for Unavi product Q&A.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Azera 2012

Hi,

I've got a Hyundai Azera 2012 (New Model) with a single CD/MP3 Radio & would like a conversion to the Unavi Navigation system alongwith a YF camera. I live in Bahrain, so could you give me the total cost of the unit (Unit + Shipping) to Bahrain & the method of payment.

I also have these further questions -

1) Can this unit come with Middle East Maps in English?
2) Do you have a dealer to fit the Unit in Bahrain?
3) Will all steering & facia controls work?
4) Will Information like A/C, Temp etc still be showing on the Unit?

Tx

Sushim Roy

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I've got a Hyundai Azera 2012 (New Model) with a single CD/MP3 Radio & would like a conversion to the Unavi Navigation system alongwith a YF camera. I live in Bahrain, so could you give me the total cost of the unit (Unit + Shipping) to Bahrain & the method of payment.

I also have these further questions -

1) Can this unit come with Middle East Maps in English?
2) Do you have a dealer to fit the Unit in Bahrain?
3) Will all steering & facia controls work?
4) Will Information like A/C, Temp etc still be showing on the Unit?

Tx

Sushim Roy
Hi Sushim,

We certainly have the application ready for your model, however we currently don't have any dealers in your region and we are under development with IGO to preload their maps into our system esp. for countries outside of USA & Canada.

As far as #3 and 4 of your questions, YES, every factory features will be integrated with our system.

I apologize for the inconvenience but hopefully we can get this ready within a couple months :) Will keep you posted here.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I will be considering a 2014 Azera later this month and will have to choose between the Base or Limited models. If I choose the Base model, it will come with a 6" LCD audio AM/FM/CD/MP3 unit.

1. Do you have plans to offer a GPS unit that will work with that 6" audio unit?

2. If so, when do you expect it to be available?

3. What would be the approximate cost?

4. I am a very experienced electronics/audio technician. Can I buy it and do my own install? What would it cost if bought for DIY install?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be considering a 2014 Azera later this month and will have to choose between the Base or Limited models. If I choose the Base model, it will come with a 6" LCD audio AM/FM/CD/MP3 unit.

1. Do you have plans to offer a GPS unit that will work with that 6" audio unit?

2. If so, when do you expect it to be available?

3. What would be the approximate cost?

4. I am a very experienced electronics/audio technician. Can I buy it and do my own install? What would it cost if bought for DIY install?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply!
Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Up until now, we were under the impression that all Azera trim levels came equipped with navigation system from factory (at least on the 2012-13 Azera HG models). That said, we didn't bother developing a system for the U.S. spec Azera.

Would you be able to confirm if this 6" screen doesn't have the mapping feature built-in?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Would you be able to confirm if this 6" screen doesn't have the mapping feature built-in?
Yes, starting in 2014 the base Azera does not have navigation, just a 6" LCD screen with audio and rearview camera. Please see: Newsroom - Hyundai Motor America Scroll down to AUDIO SYSTEM on that page. They only offer nav in the Limited trim level which has a $3,750 higher MSRP.

This was part of a decrease in content Hyundai did in order to drop the entry price from $32,250 to $31,000. It is likely that the base radio does not have a separate amplifier, so your unit would have to have internal power amplifiers included if that is indeed so.

What would be the expected time before you can research, develop and offer a unit for the 2014 Base Azera?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, starting in 2014 the base Azera does not have navigation, just a 6" LCD screen with audio and rearview camera. Please see: Newsroom - Hyundai Motor America Scroll down to AUDIO SYSTEM on that page. They only offer nav in the Limited trim level which has a $3,750 higher MSRP.

This was part of a decrease in content Hyundai did in order to drop the entry price from $32,250 to $31,000. It is likely that the base radio does not have a separate amplifier, so your unit would have to have internal power amplifiers included if that is indeed so.

What would be the expected time before you can research, develop and offer a unit for the 2014 Base Azera?
That's really difficult to answer. First, we have to do some market research to be able to justify the time and cost involved. Producing a mold for the bezel kit, waiting until the factory head unit is available from Hyundai for purchasing, reverse engineering, etc. can take more than 3-4 months!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. 3 to 4 months is not that long considering the work that would have to be done. If you do decide to offer an Azera unit, be sure to post in the HG Azera (2012+) forum so we will know.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the quick reply. 3 to 4 months is not that long considering the work that would have to be done. If you do decide to offer an Azera unit, be sure to post in the HG Azera (2012+) forum so we will know.
Yessir, will do! FYI, please keep in contact with us just so keep you in the loop.
Our number is 855-558-6284 - Arvin or Robert :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Here is what the 2014 USA Azera center stack looks like (attached). It seems very much like the 2013 Grandeur or perhaps 2012+ Azera's in other markets. So, you may actually have less to develop to get something ready for the US version.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you sir!

That center dash looks very much similar to the previous HD models. We just hate making assumptions until we test it firsthand because of past mistakes.

Let's cross our fingers :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts