Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
If I recall there was some talk that the UNAVI X2 model for the Hyundai Sonata 2013 would be replaced with a new model.

Has this happened yet?
Traveller

Yes we have just debuted our new X5 Systems now featuring iGo Primo, with improved hardware such as more memory, faster processors at this years SEMA just last week and we will be posting here on the forums very shortly. I've sent you a PM with pricing and ordering instructions.

As with all of our systems our new X5 will retain all of the OEM features such as Bluetooth, XM, Steering Wheel Controls and Hyundai's Bluelink System. As all ways all of our systems are in stock and ready to ship the same day you place your order!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Will be purchasing a 2013 Sonata Hybrid base model (no nav screen).

I HATE the BlueLink and HATE the SiriusXM radio...want to get rid of both as soon as I take delivery.

Looks like a new head unit could do the trick - what does your company offer?

Regards,
GEWB

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Will be purchasing a 2013 Sonata Hybrid base model (no nav screen).

I HATE the BlueLink and HATE the SiriusXM radio...want to get rid of both as soon as I take delivery.

Looks like a new head unit could do the trick - what does your company offer?

Regards,
GEWB
Now, that's a question I've never encountered before :cool:
Our navigation kit retains your factory head unit - it simply replaces the radio faceplate with our 8-inch LCD screen. Your current features including Bluelink, Bluetooth, XM radio, steering wheel controls, etc. will be retained. If you'd like to speak to us, please feel free to call 855-558-6284 and ask for Rob or Arvin.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Now, that's a question I've never encountered before :cool:
Our navigation kit retains your factory head unit - it simply replaces the radio faceplate with our 8-inch LCD screen. Your current features including Bluelink, Bluetooth, XM radio, steering wheel controls, etc. will be retained. If you'd like to speak to us, please feel free to call 855-558-6284 and ask for Rob or Arvin.
Thanks for your reply!

Indeed, I'm a bit conservative about security, consumer rights, that kind of stuff.

I'll figure out how to take the unit apart and unplug the two offending pieces of electronics.

Regards,
GEWB

·
Registered
411 Posts
UNAVI would like to announce that our new X5 is now available for all 2015 Hyundai Sonata models.

As with all of our Navigations systems our new X5 is a completely plug-and-play system and our X5 system will retain your OEM features such as XM, Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Controls, and USB ports as well the factory Backup Camera (if applicable).

If any members have any questions please feel free and ask, if you need pricing please PM us and we will get right back with you with our latest promotional price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help!!! I miss my NAV system from my 2014 Sonata Limited. Do you have the same thing available for the 2013 GDI? Any possible discounts also - Military, AARP, etc. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a Unavi X5 unit for my 2011 Sonata Limited with 6 CD changer on November 25th. David from Car Light Trends in Miami Florida was my salesman. From the first time I called him asking many questions, to finally pulling the trigger and placing the order, was probably 2 months. He was very knowledgeable and patient. I took a couple of weeks before installing the free backup camera and Nav unit, carefully reading all instructions and watching any videos I could find on the web. One reason I took so long to do the install was that I didn't want to locate the camera too far off from center. I ended up ordering a part from the Hyundai dealer that replaced my garnish with one that relocated the trunk access handle to the far right and had a place for a backup camera in the center. The camera that came with the Unavi was a little smaller than the one that is supposed to go in that spot but I used some JB Weld, grey color matched, and filled in the area that was open. Then I began the Nav install. I placed several calls to Unavi during this time and spoke to Miguel. He was also very patient with me and my questions. I was able to solve all issues I had during the entire install. David from Car Light Trends and Miguel from Unavi were and are fantastic. I have been testing the unit now for 3 days and learning all the ins and outs. This system is amazing. I can't believe this is still the original "radio". The research, development and eventual manufacturing is amazing when you think about it. Once you get used to the different screens and settings, it becomes easier and easier to follow. Everything that worked before on the car, all steering wheel controls and bluetooth, are working now. I have never had a vehicle with built in Navigation. To me, this system is incredible. If you have a vehicle that Unavi makes a system for, I HIGHLY recommend putting a Unavi nav system in it. You will not be sorry.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I purchased a Unavi X5 unit for my 2011 Sonata Limited with 6 CD changer on November 25th. David from Car Light Trends in Miami Florida was my salesman. From the first time I called him asking many questions, to finally pulling the trigger and placing the order, was probably 2 months. He was very knowledgeable and patient. I took a couple of weeks before installing the free backup camera and Nav unit, carefully reading all instructions and watching any videos I could find on the web. One reason I took so long to do the install was that I didn't want to locate the camera too far off from center. I ended up ordering a part from the Hyundai dealer that replaced my garnish with one that relocated the trunk access handle to the far right and had a place for a backup camera in the center. The camera that came with the Unavi was a little smaller than the one that is supposed to go in that spot but I used some JB Weld, grey color matched, and filled in the area that was open. Then I began the Nav install. I placed several calls to Unavi during this time and spoke to Miguel. He was also very patient with me and my questions. I was able to solve all issues I had during the entire install. David from Car Light Trends and Miguel from Unavi were and are fantastic. I have been testing the unit now for 3 days and learning all the ins and outs. This system is amazing. I can't believe this is still the original "radio". The research, development and eventual manufacturing is amazing when you think about it. Once you get used to the different screens and settings, it becomes easier and easier to follow. Everything that worked before on the car, all steering wheel controls and bluetooth, are working now. I have never had a vehicle with built in Navigation. To me, this system is incredible. If you have a vehicle that Unavi makes a system for, I HIGHLY recommend putting a Unavi nav system in it. You will not be sorry.
Thanks for your awesome review and feedback. Glad to hear you were satisfied with David and Miguel's service =)

81 - 96 of 96 Posts