Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I just got my car about 2 months ago and I got the Unavi X2 installed in my Hyundai Sonata. Ever since I picked it up the GPS loses signal and will not find a satellite. Also, it takes at least 5 minutes from when I start the car to even show the time on the display and even then i cannot navigate because it either has a red or yellow gps symbol in the upper right corner.. Is there some kind of update that fixes this? Or should I bring it back to the dealer?

Thank you, Nick

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Are there any promotions to be expected later on this year? I'm looking to purchase for my 2011 GLS
Hello,

I just got my car about 2 months ago and I got the Unavi X2 installed in my Hyundai Sonata. Ever since I picked it up the GPS loses signal and will not find a satellite. Also, it takes at least 5 minutes from when I start the car to even show the time on the display and even then i cannot navigate because it either has a red or yellow gps symbol in the upper right corner.. Is there some kind of update that fixes this? Or should I bring it back to the dealer?

Thank you, Nick
Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear about your GPS signal problem.
Firstly, the clock in our system won't display until GPS receiver acquires satellite signal.

Typically, GPS connectivity issues are hardware related.
Are you not getting any signal whatsoever or is it intermittent?

How long ago did you get this installed?

Also, what is your current S/W version?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear about your GPS signal problem.
Firstly, the clock in our system won't display until GPS receiver acquires satellite signal.

Typically, GPS connectivity issues are hardware related.
Are you not getting any signal whatsoever or is it intermittent?

How long ago did you get this installed?

Also, what is your current S/W version?
I got it installed around April 26th or so, at first it would have intermittent signal and now it will not find a GPS signal at all it seems like. Today it found me for a split second and then just left my location there and did not update where I was but the time was updating. I do not know what S/W Version it is as I do not know how to check that. They did not give me a Navigation Manual for the unit just a manual to use the radio which works fine.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I got it installed around April 26th or so, at first it would have intermittent signal and now it will not find a GPS signal at all it seems like. Today it found me for a split second and then just left my location there and did not update where I was but the time was updating. I do not know what S/W Version it is as I do not know how to check that. They did not give me a Navigation Manual for the unit just a manual to use the radio which works fine.
To check your firmware version, please do the following:

From the main menu > Settings > Program > look under Version Information

As for you GPS, I would recommend taking it to the shop/dealer to double check the placement and connection of your the GPS receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time on my X2 is always wrong

I just got my X2 last week and installed it on my 2012 Sonata and I love it. The only thing that is not working is the Time on the Radio. When I launch the Navigation its closer, only an hour off, but the time is always 2 hours off on the system when I start it up.

I go to the clock and change it but when the car turns off then on its wrong.

I have S/W 2.00

Also, off the topic. I saw somewhere that Unavi was going to the Igo Map system. Is that still happening. My Map says 2010??

Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I just got my X2 last week and installed it on my 2012 Sonata and I love it. The only thing that is not working is the Time on the Radio. When I launch the Navigation its closer, only an hour off, but the time is always 2 hours off on the system when I start it up.

I go to the clock and change it but when the car turns off then on its wrong.

I have S/W 2.00

Also, off the topic. I saw somewhere that Unavi was going to the Igo Map system. Is that still happening. My Map says 2010??

Thanks
Please check the firmware version that starts with 7 or 8.x.x

Either case, please call us at 855-558-6284 regarding map updates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To check your firmware version, please do the following:

From the main menu > Settings > Program > look under Version Information

As for you GPS, I would recommend taking it to the shop/dealer to double check the placement and connection of your the GPS receiver.

I took it into the dealer today so hopefully they can get this fixed. Another question I had was does Unavi support XM Nav Traffic? I would like to subscribe to it but I do not want to if the navagation will not work with it. Please let me know when you can.

Thank you!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I took it into the dealer today so hopefully they can get this fixed. Another question I had was does Unavi support XM Nav Traffic? I would like to subscribe to it but I do not want to if the navagation will not work with it. Please let me know when you can.

Thank you!
Unfortunately, the XM Nav Traffic you're referring to will only work with the Hyundai Factory navigation system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, the XM Nav Traffic you're referring to will only work with the Hyundai Factory navigation system.
Does your company offer any way to get traffic loaded into the Navigation by subscription or something? That is one of the main reasons for having a navigation in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there I have a 2013 sonata hybrid single cd no nav i am interested in getting a price for nav with backup camera please. I am located in montreal,canada

txs :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
how much is this? does it have XM radio, steering wheel control and voice recognition? my father's GLS 2013 needs this since he's been complaining ever since I purchased my turbo limited.

·
Registered
411 Posts
how much is this? does it have XM radio, steering wheel control and voice recognition? my father's GLS 2013 needs this since he's been complaining ever since I purchased my turbo limited.
Trixstar

Pm sent with pricing and ordering instructions. Our system will retain all the OEM features such as XM, Steering Wheel Controls etc, etc. If your fathers 2013 GLS does have these features then yes they will all continue to work as normal, if any of these features are not presently in your Fathers 2013 GLS then no our systems do not add to, but they do retain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has UNAVI X2 Unit for Sonata 2013 Been Replaced?

If I recall there was some talk that the UNAVI X2 model for the Hyundai Sonata 2013 would be replaced with a new model.

Has this happened yet?

61 - 80 of 96 Posts