Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNAVI is an integrated and multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your vehicle with OEM fit and finish.
It retains all of the factory features and controls, including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN FACTORY REAR-VIEW CAMERA & PARKING LINES
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ RETAIN BLUELINK FUNCTIONS & INFO DISPLAY
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

SYSTEM INFORMATION
- LCD SIZE : 8" LCD Touchscreen
- CPU: 1GHz
- MAP S/W : iGO Primo NextGen
- 800 x 480 WVGA Resolution
- QUICK MENU KEYS : Easy play to Audio or Navigation functions.
- Rear-view Camera (CVBS) Input
- MicroSD Card & USB Host for media playback features
- AUX Input & Output
- Fully Compatible w/Original Radio: Special Radio interface OEM Look & Feel!

Factory Premium Sound & 6-CD System - Fully Compatible

So Why Choose Unavi?
*We Are The Manufacturer since Serving North America since 2009.
All product and support are based in California and headquartered in Korea. Fully staffed and trained tech support on stand-by for your needs. Always in stock, ready to ship.
*Nationwide Dealer Network
Experience Unavi’s worry-free installation, repair and technical assistance by the industry’s professionals.
*Hassle-Free Warranty
3-year manufacturer’s warranty comes with an advance exchange program.
If there is a problem you aren’t left with a hole in your dash while waiting for repairs.
*Cutting-Edge Design
High-quality LCD and components engineered for OEM fit and finish.
All testing and R&D maintains a thorough process in Korea and the U.S. as it releases products to our valued customer base.
Unavi is anxious to be on the leading edge of technology.
*Maps
Preloaded maps of North America developed by NNG "iGO Primo"
-3D landmark/buildings
-Live traffic-ready (activation required via naviextras.com)
*Proven Stability
Since Unavi offers a three-year warranty and caters to dealerships, it is crucial that our products meet certain level of OEM standards and qualifications for safety and durability with extra bells and whistles.
Fully certified, complies with FCC/KCC and registered member of Bluetooth SIG.

Compare & Contrast with competitive products
? Standard 1-year warranty with no advance exchange options (always ask about their warranty)
? Radio replacement type, may lose some or all factory features and pay extra for satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and steering wheel control adapter harness
? Most units are made in China with inferior parts (actually makes sound quality worse)
? Limited inventory ? they get them from the manufacturer on a per basis order
? Limited to no tech support/customer service; no presence in the U.S. or in the aftermarket industry
? Product still in development and/or not ready for shipping
? We never want our customers to be the “guinea pig” for products being introduced
? When it comes to factory integration on Korean vehicles, no one does it better

This thread intended for Unavi product Q&A.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How about pricing (at least list/retail) and availability, and what suppliers in the US you would recommend... for all of these products.
Your website is extremely slow and difficult to browse thru and everything is elusive.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about pricing (at least list/retail) and availability, and what suppliers in the US you would recommend... for all of these products.
Your website is extremely slow and difficult to browse thru and everything is elusive.
Hey hydog,

We apologize for the flash design which may be lagging your load speed - it is in the process of being remodeled, but sorry about that :rolleyes:

I can certainly help you with your request. Which region or state are you inquiring about?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Tech,

I saw a question posted by another member asking charles about whether his system retains outside temperature and the passenger AB/SB indicator light. I am a living proof that your system does, but that doesn't mean charles' product doesn't have that capability since it's virtually the same shell, no?

Anyway, my uncle just bought the 2011 YF with a 6cd changer. This will work based on your post above correct? Just wanted to confirm before I can decide which one to recommend for my uncle's sonata. Since Compass Nav semed to be priced slightly less than Unavi, I was initially geared towards that unit for my uncle but I think he's ignoring my PMs -_- I'm not even sure if Compass Nav's Sonata system can retain the stock 6cd changer~

My uncle's primary concerns were
1. Warranty (I know Unavi offers 3yr warranty)
2. Passenger AB/SB light (just need confirmation since his looks different from mine)
3. Outside Temperature (I know it was removed from my model)
4. 6CD changer system (very important!)

Look forward to your reply!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi turbo-lady,

Good to hear from you again =)

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) Same with any of Unavi products - 3yr Waranty

2) Retaining the AB/SB indicator lamp is very important for the North American market, and we've made sure all of our system retains this feature since we launched here in 2009. So yes, as you can see on our Sonata bezel, the pass. airbag & seatbelt lights are there even for the 6-cd changer. See pictures below.

3) You ARE ABLE to retain the outside temp. display for the 6-cd system. The single CD uses a different communication protocol so we weren't able to, but it is in works =)

4) Absolutely will work with your uncle's 6CD system!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey, can you PM me the special forum offer. thx. Rob

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
For the Sonata system, please choose KEYPAD type:

Type A

Clean, OEM-style Look!

Includes 12 function keys + Power/Volume Knob
Left Column: FM, CD/AUX, AM, XM, SEEK Up/Down
Right Colum: MAP, MENU, DEST, MUTE, DISP, SETUP
(Physical buttons not present will appear on the touchscreen)

Type B

Sleek, Streamlined Look!

Includes 8 function keys + Power/Volume Knob
Left Column: FM, AM, XM, CD/AUX
Right Colum: MAP, DEST, DISP, MENU
(Physical buttons not present will appear on the touchscreen)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Attention Forum members!!! The Special Forum member Pricing Is only available directly through UNAVi. We will setup everything from shipping product to either you or a shop for install and since we also have reduced labor rates, that will also be taken care of by us. So all you need to do is purchase the item through us tell us a good date of install and we will call the shop and set the appointment for you. This offer will not be found at our Dealers or Shops as they are not part of this special offer, so dont pass it up while it lasts, supplies are going fast. Thank you and have a great Day!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi turbo-lady,

Good to hear from you again =)

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) Same with any of Unavi products - 3yr Waranty

2) Retaining the AB/SB indicator lamp is very important for the North American market, and we've made sure all of our system retains this feature since we launched here in 2009. So yes, as you can see on our Sonata bezel, the pass. airbag & seatbelt lights are there even for the 6-cd changer. See pictures below.

3) You ARE ABLE to retain the outside temp. display for the 6-cd system. The single CD uses a different communication protocol so we weren't able to, but it is in works =)

4) Absolutely will work with your uncle's 6CD system!
So how are you advertising it retains all (should be most) of the factory controls. I just upgraded and now I lost the tempature also.

I also thought blue link would link to NAV system and instead it is going to the radio. How is this fixed?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So how are you advertising it retains all (should be most) of the factory controls. I just upgraded and now I lost the tempature also.

I also thought blue link would link to NAV system and instead it is going to the radio. How is this fixed?
Do you have a Unavi system installed in your vehicle?

·
Registered
409 Posts
It is all retained, the outside temp is a display not a control and that is being addressed and should be available soon. As far as the Bluelink, are you refering to the FACTORY nav's ability to do turn by turn through the factory screen? I can understand the confusion but at no point did we say it would duplicate the features of the factory NAV in that case. if your bluelink with the stock non nav radio works and gives you audible turn by turn then it would continue to provide you with the same options. but it does not link to the Unavi screen and allow a visual, our unit does that on its own. Thanks for your questions,

1 - 20 of 96 Posts