Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNAVI is an integrated and multi-media management aftermarket navigation system for your vehicle with OEM fit and finish.
It retains all of the factory features and controls, including iPod/MP3 playback, Bluetooth, Satellite radio, steering wheel control and climate control system.

+ RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO HEAD UNIT
+ RETAIN FACTORY AM/FM/SATELLITE RADIO (Sirius XM)
+ RETAIN FACTORY REAR-VIEW CAMERA & PARKING LINES
+ RETAIN 6-CD CHANGER (FOR APPLICABLE MODELS)
+ RETAIN FACTORY AUX/iPOD CONNECTIVITY
+ RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM
+ RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
+ RETAIN CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM
+ RETAIN BLUELINK FUNCTIONS & INFO DISPLAY
+ 3-YEAR STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY

SYSTEM INFORMATION
- LCD SIZE : 8" LCD Touchscreen
- CPU: 1GHz
- MAP S/W : iGO Primo NextGen
- 800 x 480 WVGA Resolution
- QUICK MENU KEYS : Easy play to Audio or Navigation functions.
- Rear-view Camera (CVBS) Input
- MicroSD Card & USB Host for media playback features
- AUX Input & Output
- Fully Compatible w/Original Radio: Special Radio interface OEM Look & Feel!

Factory Premium Sound & 6-CD System - Fully Compatible

So Why Choose Unavi?
*We Are The Manufacturer since Serving North America since 2009.
All product and support are based in California and headquartered in Korea. Fully staffed and trained tech support on stand-by for your needs. Always in stock, ready to ship.
*Nationwide Dealer Network
Experience Unavi’s worry-free installation, repair and technical assistance by the industry’s professionals.
*Hassle-Free Warranty
3-year manufacturer’s warranty comes with an advance exchange program.
If there is a problem you aren’t left with a hole in your dash while waiting for repairs.
*Cutting-Edge Design
High-quality LCD and components engineered for OEM fit and finish.
All testing and R&D maintains a thorough process in Korea and the U.S. as it releases products to our valued customer base.
Unavi is anxious to be on the leading edge of technology.
*Maps
Preloaded maps of North America developed by NNG "iGO Primo"
-3D landmark/buildings
-Live traffic-ready (activation required via naviextras.com)
*Proven Stability
Since Unavi offers a three-year warranty and caters to dealerships, it is crucial that our products meet certain level of OEM standards and qualifications for safety and durability with extra bells and whistles.
Fully certified, complies with FCC/KCC and registered member of Bluetooth SIG.

Compare & Contrast with competitive products
? Standard 1-year warranty with no advance exchange options (always ask about their warranty)
? Radio replacement type, may lose some or all factory features and pay extra for satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and steering wheel control adapter harness
? Most units are made in China with inferior parts (actually makes sound quality worse)
? Limited inventory ? they get them from the manufacturer on a per basis order
? Limited to no tech support/customer service; no presence in the U.S. or in the aftermarket industry
? Product still in development and/or not ready for shipping
? We never want our customers to be the “guinea pig” for products being introduced
? When it comes to factory integration on Korean vehicles, no one does it better

This thread intended for Unavi product Q&A.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unavi:

First off, I wanted to thank you for bringing this excellent product to the Genesis Coupe community. I have had a Unavi (ENB-7500) for the Genesis Coupe since it was first available to our market and distributed via PowerAxel, at the time.

This has been an excellent addition to my Genesis Coupe, and has far surpassed the quality and functionality of the horrid "blue lcd" Hyundai has put into their vehicles.

The unit has been good to me and I have not regretted my purchase, however there are a few "pain" points I hope you are able to address in relation to the ENB-7500.

I understand that the ENB-7500 has since been discontinued and replaced by the X1/X2 navigation system. To my understanding the development stopped on the ENB7500 due to the company who made it going out of business/bankrupt.

The painpoints I have are since it has been released to North America, there hasn't been a single map update to GPS functionality, and the shipped maps are very dated, circa ~2008.

Furthermore, there have been many "bugs" reported on the forums since the initial launch, and shortly there after, which have yet to be addressed. First and foremost, the TRIP (blue LCD) replacement program has had many "bugs" in displaying the CD status on the upper right hand corner - sometimes it will show no discs, sometimes 1, sometimes 6. This has been an issue for multiple users since the initial release 2 years ago.

There have been SEVERAL operating system and program updates released for the KOREAN models, however there haven't been any releases for operating system / interface fixes for the North American model. Browsing the Unavi Korean site, I see that the latest OS version for Korea is 2.0 and software is 2.2.5. For North America, we are still on OS v1 and program version 0.1.0.

As of now, it appears as if Unavi hasn't focused on the North American userbase and is instead more focused on perfecting the products for usage in Korea - I hope I am wrong!

I've attempted to run the Korean trip.exe software on the NA version, due to it being several versions NEWER (hoping to correct the issues), however it doesn't appear to be compatible with the trip adapters shipped with the North American versions.

I am really hoping you can shed some light and correct these problems, because as it stands it appears that Unavi's focus is more dedicated towards the Korean market than the North American market.

While I know this is a slim possibility, being the ENB7500 is discontinued, perhaps there is a possibility of opening up the souce code to a few users (I'd be willing to sign an Non-disclosure agreement...) so we can tweak and make enhancements to the product that doesn't appear to be happening on the Unavi corporation end.

Please feel free to hit me up via PM or reply to this message so we can discuss further and see what type of solution, if any, we can come to.

I am confident Unavi does respect and support the North American market, and I look forward to seeing the resolution you can provide to us early, ENB7500, adopters. Keep in mind, it's us that made Unavi successful in North America when you initially launched your products here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey crashp3,

Thanks for your comment and support.

You're exactly right about the ENB7500; the hardware was supplied from an outsourced company and the year after the unit was released in the U.S. they went out of business.

If we were able to obtain the source code from that company we would have addressed the bugs from our end, but unfortunately, even Unavi wasn't able to obtain any R&D information from them. Unfortunately, neither Poweraxel nor Unavi had any control over this. We were left in the dark with hardly any support guidance for the reported bugs, and yes this was very frustrating for a Korean-based company to launch a unique product in North America. However, if you can provide us with your information (name, place of purchase, etc.) we will definitely look into how we can accommodate you based on the original warranty.

Also, please be advised that the TRIP (CAN data) from the Korean model is completely different from the U.S. version, so the Korean firmware you downloaded will not be compatible with your system.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey crashp3,

Thanks for your comment and support.

You're exactly right about the ENB7500; the hardware was supplied from an outsourced company and the year after the unit was released in the U.S. they went out of business.

If we were able to obtain the source code from that company we would have addressed the bugs from our end, but unfortunately, even Unavi wasn't able to obtain any R&D information from them. Unfortunately, neither Poweraxel nor Unavi had any control over this. We were left in the dark with hardly any support guidance for the reported bugs, and yes this was very frustrating for a Korean-based company to launch a unique product in North America. However, if you can provide us with your information (name, place of purchase, etc.) we will definitely look into how we can accommodate you based on the original warranty.

Also, please be advised that the TRIP (CAN data) from the Korean model is completely different from the U.S. version, so the Korean firmware you downloaded will not be compatible with your system.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks for the reply - that really is unfortunate, especially that they left you in the dark around the information.

Based on your image above, however, it appears that the X1/X2 uses the same exact trip program as the ENB7500 does for the Genesis Coupe, is this accurate? If so, does that mean the X1/X2 has the same bugs the 7500 does? Or is that a completely different version and just looks the same? Any possibilities of it being compatible on the 7500?

Any input on the map updates? There hasn't been one released since the initial maps provided on the unit since it was sold in the US - about 2 years if my accounts are correct. I believe it uses M&Soft, which to my knowledge they are still very well in business.

Definitely is disheartening that there's nothing really that can be done to correct the software bugs that were evident on our units when they were initially reported at launch - definitely feel like we were "beta" testers for North America, and that is depressing especially since the original purchase price wasn't "beta".

I'll shoot you a PM of my information, however my unit was purchased 2nd hand, and I am almost certain no warranty will apply to my particular unit due to it being one of the original ones on US shores.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the trip communication protocol is the same, the hardware involved in the X1/X2 platform is completely different from the ENB7500 series.

In regards to the M&SOFT's Speednavi map software, we can check with them to see if they have any updates available since their last release for the ENB7500.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@[email protected]

I was really supprised that no one (not even Arvin) has returned my call about the map update.
When I spoke with M&SOFT directly they also said they'd find out and call me back, of which they've never done. There is an update for the map software but they couldn't tell me which one was needed, as they have two different options for the ENB-7500 at either $35 or $75. They wouldn't comment on where our free map updates were either that we were promised.

I was also supprised when I spoke with two different people at UNAVIUSA, neither had even heard of me, despite I've been involved with UNAVI since they came to NA and I'm listed as an Expeditor.

I wasn't aware UNAVI was on this forum, but I've already had to defend the product from some very misinformed people who were not even owners. I've never regretted owning a UNAVI, but I'd really appreciate some more support from a distributor stand point.

I agree with crashp however, as original adopters, I really feel like we were left hanging and if it wasn't for owners taking it upon themselves to reverse engineer the product to enhance it, ENB7500 owners would be left out to dry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Tech[email protected],

I was one of the early adopters of the ENB7500 as well and would like some updates if possible. The map updates and software updates to be exact.

While I love this product, it isn't perfect and it would be nice if we can have the following issues addressed:

-Touchscreen responsiveness (Theres a delay sometimes)
-Temperature does not display correctly when below 0 degrees
-The top bar in the trip display disappears sometimes so it doesn't show the 6 disc CD changer, bluetooth, ipod, etc. icons. as Crashp3 mentioned.

Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello [email protected],

I was one of the early adopters of the ENB7500 as well and would like some updates if possible. The map updates and software updates to be exact.

While I love this product, it isn't perfect and it would be nice if we can have the following issues addressed:

-Touchscreen responsiveness (Theres a delay sometimes)
-Temperature does not display correctly when below 0 degrees
-The top bar in the trip display disappears sometimes so it doesn't show the 6 disc CD changer, bluetooth, ipod, etc. icons. as Crashp3 mentioned.

Thanks
Hi jaybone909,

We apologize we couldn't provide much support on the ENB-7500 series as much as we'd love to.

We have since developed our own hardware and have upgraded to a newer platform. As a courtesy, we can offer you a buyback exchange for the X2 system, which has addressed all of the previous bugs that the ENB-7500 supplier could not fix before they went out of business.

The Genesis Coupe is only offered in the X2 (8" LCD), so it will fit with the Type-A bezel. Please PM us if interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi jaybone909,

We apologize we couldn't provide much support on the ENB-7500 series as much as we'd love to.

We have since developed our own hardware and have upgraded to a newer platform. As a courtesy, we can offer you a buyback exchange for the X2 system, which has addressed all of the previous bugs that the ENB-7500 supplier could not fix before they went out of business.

The Genesis Coupe is only offered in the X2 (8" LCD), so it will fit with the Type-A bezel. Please PM us if interested.
Unavi:

I have sent you another PM in regards to your offer. While I appreciate your gesture - 399.99$ upgrade to X2, with sending back the old hardware, I personally don't find this acceptable.

We paid good money for a product, that was released with bugs and promises that were never corrected or fulfilled. Due to whoever you had design the product going out of business, you're unable to correct the product you sold us.

While I appreciate the "upgrade" opportunity, I fail to understand how you want us to spend additional money to receive a product we were promised in the first place.

As per my PM, I would have no problem paying $399.99 for an X2, however I don't see the rationalization in us sending our old unit back which we have invested so much into already.

If it were an even swap out, ENB7500 for X2, that would make more sense as you are willing to "take back" a product that you never really supported nor fulfilled all the promises on at the point of purchase.

Regardless of that, have you made any progress on map update availability? We were promised new maps almost 2 years ago, for free, however they have yet to arrive. The shipping maps when we received this initially were already dated a year, thus puts the maps at ~circa 2009.

It's a shame I have a 1250$ cutting edge navigation system, that I don't use for navigation which is plagued by uncorrectable bugs. I should also note that my $100 Garmin GPS I bought from Best Buy (a year ago) has already received 4 FREE map updates since date of purchase, and now sticks to my dash as my navigation unit.

Something is wrong here....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I seriously love how I was ignored, have not received an email or even a phone call.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi jaybone909,

I have the Type-B bezel so I assume it's not even an option for me?

I appreciate the offer but like Crashp3 said, it's not worth it considering the amount of money we invested in the original. An even swap or a big discount of the new model are the only deals that would suffice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No it won't. The X2 doesn't fit the Type-B.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I seriously love how I was ignored, have not received an email or even a phone call.
Snoopy0812 email or pm me and i will see what i can come up with. And this goes for anyone that has made a purchase of a UNAVI in the last 3 years, Provide me with purchase info either a reciept or name address phone number and place of purchase so i may research it and i will do everything i can to assist you. Just a FYI i havnt heard from you nor have you sent me an email and since this is a thread i started and monitor i would appreciate contacting me before posting negative comments when it isnt true. The old saying goes you lure more flies with honey than vinegar, so if you want me to help you then give me that opportunity please, Thank you and I hope i can help you with your problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Snoopy, can you explain why? I don't see how it fits in A but not B when the old model fits both. Does A have more room to spare than B for an 8" screen? I'm sure I can modify it to fit somehow.
The type-b opening is only large enough for a 7" screen, where as the Type A opening has a frame that can accomodate an 8" display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Snoopy, can you explain why? I don't see how it fits in A but not B when the old model fits both. Does A have more room to spare than B for an 8" screen? I'm sure I can modify it to fit somehow.
Crashp is correct.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Snoopy0812 email or pm me and i will see what i can come up with. And this goes for anyone that has made a purchase of a UNAVI in the last 3 years, Provide me with purchase info either a reciept or name address phone number and place of purchase so i may research it and i will do everything i can to assist you. Just a FYI i havnt heard from you nor have you sent me an email and since this is a thread i started and monitor i would appreciate contacting me before posting negative comments when it isnt true. The old saying goes you lure more flies with honey than vinegar, so if you want me to help you then give me that opportunity please, Thank you and I hope i can help you with your problem.
You'll have a PM shortly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PM and email sent. Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts