Hyundai Forums banner

7500 Service Confusion

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PrecisionX 
#1 ·
So I called up my local Hyundai dealership (not where I purchased the car). I did an oil change there at around 3500 miles and it was reasonable. Now I said I want to come in for the 7500 check up and they said it was $141 for it. I was shocked, I said I thought its just an oil change and tire rotation, they said they could just do that as well for less. It seemed they said they check some things and add an additive to the fuel. I don't know exactly what else they are doing. I called another dealership and they said their 7500 check up is oil change, tire rotation for $59 and if I want, an additive to the gas tank for a total of $89.

It is much more convenient for me to go to my local dealer, should I just have them do an oil change (which is supposed to include inspection) and tire rotation? Is that sufficient?

Thank you for any advise.

#3 ·
The moral to the story is this:

You tell the dealer specifically what you want done.

Don't ask them what should be done, or ask for the ____ mile service.

And, last but not least, NO additives whatsoever. In fact, this is one indicator you can use for future reference to judge a scam dealer.

My Ford manual says at seven places not to use additives, and the Hyundai manuals are lacking in this regard.

If a car was absolutely on its last legs, I might try throwing stuff in the gas tank, etc, as a last resort, but only then.

Sounds like you may need an oil change and little more. I do all my own stuff and avoid this sort of hassle.

#4 ·
Oil change & rotate.

Thank you for visiting XXXX Hyundai .

#5 ·
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Sep 8 2010, 05:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355125
You tell the dealer specifically what you want done.

Don't ask them what should be done, or ask for the ____ mile service.

And, last but not least, NO additives whatsoever. In fact, this is one indicator you can use for future reference to judge a scam dealer.

If a car was absolutely on its last legs, I might try throwing stuff in the gas tank, etc, as a last resort, but only then.

Sounds like you may need an oil change and little more.
:banana: ABSOLUTELY AGREE! :banana:
I've had dealer changes every 5,000 miles (easy to remember interval) and rotate around 10K. Additives are just a scam! Don't let them "See you coming" with an open wallet!!

#6 ·
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Sep 11 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355619
:banana: ABSOLUTELY AGREE! :banana:
I've had dealer changes every 5,000 miles (easy to remember interval) and rotate around 10K. Additives are just a scam! Don't let them "See you coming" with an open wallet!!

What's wrong here? Somebody agrees with me?

Actually, from the dealer's, or the independent garage's standpoint, additives are the gift that gives on giving. A little can of BG goes for maybe $25 -- Tack that on every customer's tab and the monthly take is quite handsome. Probably enough for a nice little trip to Europe.

The last time I looked, the BG website just set forth a lot of vague claims. And, any old timers will remember back in the '60's on, the name of the game was STP. Same scam, different era.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.