Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that the 7" nav screen that's been hinted at for the Sonata will be coming on the 2012 models. The screen is going to be in the new 2011 Elantras that will be out before year's end.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I feel that the 6.5" screen is perfectly fine. I wouldn't get all upset about this. My concern is why after a year of production are they changing it? Does it have issues and they are changing it because they know something? and what happens if we would have issues with it in a few years, and only having it in one model year vehicle is going to make it tough to find replacements...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (SExy__Sonata @ Nov 21 2010, 08:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373534
I feel that the 6.5" screen is perfectly fine. I wouldn't get all upset about this. My concern is why after a year of production are they changing it? Does it have issues and they are changing it because they know something? and what happens if we would have issues with it in a few years, and only having it in one model year vehicle is going to make it tough to find replacements...
There have been some reports that Hyundai will be introducing a new system for 2012 models that is similar to SYNC in Ford products, and will have more sophisticated voice recognition technology. I think John Krafcic will elaborated a bit in an interview a while back. This is not a big surprise.

·
Registered
386 Posts
7" in the ELantra seems significantly bigger than my 6.5" probably due to the black surrounding trim on the sonata.

oh and Panorama Roof is coming for 2012...but you didn't hear this from me ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Nov 21 2010, 11:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373739
7" in the ELantra seems significantly bigger than my 6.5" probably due to the black surrounding trim on the sonata.

oh and Panorama Roof is coming for 2012...but you didn't hear this from me ;)
... about ****ing time.

lets hope the optima doesnt eat up too much of the sonata's share before 2012 comes along... then again it wouldnt be a bad thing, I would rather there be more optimas than sonatas on the road

1 - 10 of 10 Posts