Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 69 plate Tucson but live a long way from the dealer. Will take it in if you guys think there IS a problem and it’s not just a design fault.
Every time it rains and I open the boot I get soaked with a waterfall running off the open boot. It’s soaks my kids when trying to get their school bags out and me when I try to get my things out for work. Is there something missing? Some kind of gutter rubber? I’ve never known this design fault on the other estate type cars, the water should surely be draining down the side and not pouring over the edge of the open boot. Any one else experience this or is there something missing off the edge of the boot?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yep! One of the few irritating "features" of the Tucson :(

Lift rear door and step right under the raised tailgate, letting the water drip away. A pain but what can you do?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep! One of the few irritating "features" of the Tucson :(

Lift rear door and step right under the raised tailgate, letting the water drip away. A pain but what can you do?
+1

Annoying, but just something you get used to. So far, the only niggle I have with mine. I love it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Maybe have to do with the back/hatch being so slanted? Unusually sporty looking and one of Tucson's best looks imo, but most CUVs are a bit more vertical so maybe less water accumulation? Brain farting here.
Depending on how much rain, just learned to work around it as noted.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
First, what is a "69 plate"?

Not sure why you have a water fall coming off it. Once opened, it will drip some off. Usually under the gate it will miss you. If you have the power liftgate, it's resting position is adjustable. But I've never had a waterfall efffect from ours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
First, what is a "69 plate"?
A British term. Uk registration numbers denote year of registration. So a 19 plate was registered between March and the end of August 2019, then 50 is added to the number for the next six months. So a 69 plate is Sept 2019 to end of March 2020

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe have to do with the back/hatch being so slanted? Unusually sporty looking and one of Tucson's best looks imo, but most CUVs are a bit more vertical so maybe less water accumulation? Brain farting here.
Depending on how much rain, just learned to work around it as noted.
The tailgate is not a single panel but has at least the lower panel bolted onto the main tailgate. I get the feeling that some water is held in between the two and pours out when the tailgate is lifted. Might be worth checking if any drain holes are blocked I guess ... another task for my list of stuff I will probably never get around to doing :)

The other thing I don't like about our Tucson are the hard plastics in the interior, but it is otherwise a very good car, even before you look at what they cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts