Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

New Kona owner after work let me use one last year, I really liked it, so treated myself to the Kona Premium after my local dealership offered my a very good deal.

Moving on, and apologies if this question has been asked. How do you initiate the steering lock? It’s new to me using the key fob and the push button start/stop, so maybe I’m missing something here to engage the steering lock?

TIA.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,338 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Kona but usually cars with push button start have an electric steering lock (ESCL) that automatically engages when the ignition is switched off. You don't need to do anything to initiate it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not familiar with the Kona but usually cars with push button start have an electric steering lock (ESCL) that automatically engages when the ignition is switched off. You don't need to do anything to initiate it
Thank you mate. This may indeed be the case.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Now that’s a very helpful comment..... no doubt you’re so perfect you will never have forgotten to ask a certain question..... idiot.
I did not know if you even thought of it. I must be an idiot not to know such a thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts