Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this means or has anyone else had this problem also I noticed my parking brake is no longer engaging when I try to put it on the brake light just starts blinking and the cruise control will not work

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
22 Posts
The owner's manual states,

Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) Warning Light
  • This warning light illuminates if the ignition switch is set to the ON position and goes off in approximately 3 seconds if the system is operating normally.
  • If the EPB malfunction indicator remains on, comes on while driving, or does not come on when the ignition switch is changed to the ON position, this indicates that the EPB may have malfunctioned.
  • If this occurs, have the system checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
  • The EPB malfunction indicator may illuminate when the ESC indicator comes on to indicate that the ESC is not working properly, but it does not indicate a malfunction of the EPB.

If the parking brake warning light blinks when the EPB warning light is on, press the switch, and then pull it up. Repeat this one more time. If the EPB warning does not go off, have the system checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.

I'm new to the car myself, but this is what I gather from the owner's manual. Maybe pay a visit to the service dept. at your Hyundai dealership if the error persists.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lane keeping assist and everything else work just not the cruise control or parking brake I had the front window tinted today but it can’t be that or the lane keeping assist would not work I would think

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update it’s fixed from what I have read in the manual it says that bad weather could be the cause and the night it happened it was raining really hard and the roads were flooding but the next morning when I woke up everything was working fine

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
1,888 Posts
Update it’s fixed from what I have read in the manual it says that bad weather could be the cause and the night it happened it was raining really hard and the roads were flooding but the next morning when I woke up everything was working fine
So rain caused it? Good luck with that conclusion.

I had a similar problem which ultimately was determined to be a faulty vacuum pump. Keep an eye on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts