Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2017 Sante Fe Sport with just clocked 60k miles. Thought car needed a tune up. Dealer says it’s a broken motor mount. The car is not driven hard; well maintained. I’ve never owned a car that needed motor mounts replaced, even ones with much higher mileage.

Doesn’t this seem like awfully low mileage to have this problem? I heard that typically replacing just one motor mount puts a strain on the remaining original ones and they will usually fail quickly after replacing just one. Is this generally true?

Thanks

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I heard that typically replacing just one motor mount puts a strain on the remaining original ones and they will usually fail quickly after replacing just one. Is this generally true?
False.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
No need to replace more than the broken one. Have seen plenty of broken motor mounts at less than 100,000 miles across manufacturers. Mass produced parts put into mass produced vehicles. Parts fail over time and miles driven.

Some oils can damage rubber parts, so just make sure that you do not have any oil leaks that might cause a repeat failure down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts