Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 tiburon v6 6 speed SE always had a slight grind going into 3rd, and had a bad clutch when i bought it with 72,000 miles. recently noticed it going into 4th aswell.currently now at 83,000 miles. The other day i was shifting from 3rd to 4th and while pulling it out of 3rd it felt strange almost like something pulled apart, felt as if i needed half the amount of force to pull it out of 3rd. And it went into 4th kinda hard. I knew something was wrong so i pulled over right away and put it in neutral, and slowed down and it still felt like it was in gear (4th i believe) the shifter itself could be moved into anygear except for 4th something is blocking it. Car can still be started and will idle with the clutch pushed in. But when you try to let go it begins to take off very slow as if its in like 3rd or 4th i had to drop the clutch at 6000plus rps just to get it moving. I replaced the clutch and flywheel with upgraded parts.aswell as the master and slave about 4,000 miles ago. What could be wrong with my car?

·
Registered
397 Posts
If the clutch completely disengages as you describe, that would indicate an issue with the trans, not the clutch components. Sounds like perhaps a bent or out of alignment internal shift fork that has it locked in 4th gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts